Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Did member garages go bye bye with the new site?

XLRATING

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)
Hello Rob -
I give up, I poked around and even ran a search but couldn’t find the answer. The “Member Garage” I had seems to be unfindable. Did that go away with the new site? Thanks.

Hey Rob - I cannot find any of my pictures on the new site either. Where did they go? Will they eventually come back? Thanks.

Unfortunately, the Member Garages had to go away with the old forums. That was an extremely old software package addon to the old vBulletin forum. The company that developed that software went out of business years ago and as a result, development stopped and it was full of security holes.

The old Gallery software - same thing. The company that developed that software went out of business years ago and as a result, it was full of security holes.

HOWEVER, the images, didn't go away, they just got migrated. If you look above in the large red address bar you'll see:

HOME FORUMS WHAT'S NEW MEDIA

Click on the Media tab. Any images you uploaded in the old gallery system are right there. Here's the direct link to the ALBUMS section:

Now, you can start your Album / Garage there. It doesn't have specific fields like make, model, mileage, etc., like the old Garage system did, but you can still upload photos of your XLR in your own personal album.

Now, when you click on your Avatar/Profile, or another member's profile, you'll see the images they uploaded in their Albums. For example, I don't have an Album here, but you can see some of the XLR photos I've uploaded in the media section when you click on my profile and then the Media tab in my profile. See below:

1604710657719.png

You can also comment and rate any of the photos in the Albums:

If you need help, just let me know.

I sure enjoyed the Garage and looking at everyones cars. I don't know why we got rid of the old format. Something new isn't necessarily better.
John F.
Hi John,

I've explained my reasoning here and in other threads. Just because something is old and familiar to us, doesn't always mean it's better...as I've explained in other threads here, the forum software as well as the gallery software was old and no longer being developed by the companies that originally programmed them.

They were full of security holes and would not run any longer on the server where this site resides because the server software was severely out of date and insecure. Because the server software had to be updated - the forums and other software packages running on the XLR Net site had to be changed or removed as well...such as the Knowledge Base section of the site.

For more details about all of this:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back