Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Disconnecting XLR Battery

majik755

I'll be installing an audio upgrade to my XLR and it suggests that the battery be disconnected prior to installation. Am I in for any surprises when I do this, such as loss of memory settings, needing to recalibrate the window close position, etc. or will the car remember these even after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery? Also will it lose the maintenance diagnostic information stored in the computer? Thanks in advance for any help. :confused:

Thanks for quick reply

That's what I expected. Confirmation appreciated. Hopefully everything will still be functional when I power her back up...

You will be fine. Like Rich said, the windows will need to be re-indexed after you connect the NEG. battery cable, everything else should be OK.

Top won't work until you reindex windows.

Don't accidently shut the hood and the doors (with the windows up) or you will be getting back in through the trunk release. Found this out with a dead battery.

Uintah

I know for certain that the window positions will be lost. I know the memory for the seat etc should be kept. The other things - I'm not sure about.

I just did this today... and I can confirm the above.

You will also reset the dash lighting dimming level, and the parking assist will also be reset to "off". Everything else seems good.

Thanks all

Wow, glad I asked. I'll be crawling around the insides of my car tomorrow. When all is said and done I should be able to use my IPOD or IPhone for music through the radio, and have Bluetooth working via my ONStar module, I'll report back with the good and bad of it after the weekend. Thanks again to all.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom