Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Discontinued Parts

QUOTE=ccclarke;68046]But the C7 exterior is pretty cool looking. I have to agree on the interior; GM knows how to build interiors, so it's a shame they don't bring their best to the corvettes, which is their flagship sports car. My XTS never fails to get compliments on the interior whenever someone new rides along. I like the car as much as my former XLR, --just for different reasons.

New Corvettes at MacMulkin Chevrolet Cadillac in Nashua, NH | Serving Lowell

CC :wave:[/QUOTE]

Well, have come to realize I just may be past being cool. Have driven a couple new vettes these past few days and just cant seem to get past the interior road noise and stiff ride!
Im afraid i had just gotten too used to the ride and comfort of the XLR.

Last edited:
Phil, I am surprised you didn't like the ride of the Vette. I thought they all had magnetic shocks like the Caddy. My friend has an 06-08 red Vette with beige interior. It looks great but he doesn't like what he calls the rubber maid interior. He says that every time he sees my XLR.
John F.

Phil, I am surprised you didn't like the ride of the Vette. I thought they all had magnetic shocks like the Caddy. My friend has an 06-08 red Vette with beige interior. It looks great but he doesn't like what he calls the rubber maid interior. He says that every time he sees my XLR.
John F.

I was really surprised too. I had an 04 Coupe and that car rode/drove as good as the XLR - very little road noise. But this Corvette, a 2015 coupe with 1800 miles on it, was awful!! I have since been on line and found that I am not the only person with this complaint. Found that many owners are pulling up the carpet and installing sound deadener. I read that the convertibles were better than the coupes as they have the waterfall/bulkhead separating the driver compartment from the trunk area. But my preference is the coupe version. Going to re-think things and possibly test drive a convertible. As far as your buddy goes, I am not impressed with the interior of the new Corvette OR the old XLR - both way too plain looking for a car in these price ranges (when new). GM needs to step up in this department.

Last edited:
HELP! I NEED A DRIVER SIDE HEADLAMP

:mad:Insurance refuses to total my car after idiot at fault caused $10K in damage. Insurance says to drive with no headlamp; its now a "daily driver", LITERALLY! They're reimbursing for non existent headlamp NO WHERE TO BE FOUND...Car 8 weeks languishing in the shop. I'm finally forced to hire lawyer. All I have now is a pile of JUNK YARD parts for $85K! PLUS, ANOTHER $5K LOST IN UPGRADES; EXHAUST, GRILLES, RIMS, TIRES, ETC. IT IS NOW ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS!

THANKS ALOT GM FOR WARNING US ABOUT DISCONTINUING MANDATORY HEAD LAMPS SO WE COULD STOCK UP! I SAY WE FILE CLASS ACTION AND MAKE THEM REPLACE OUR PARTS OR BUY THEIR JUNK BACK! If anyone has an UNBURNT spare, please call Erin. 916 549 5555

Thanks,
Erin

Last edited:
:mad:Insurance refuses to total my car after idiot at fault caused $10K in damage. Insurance says to drive with no headlamp; its now a "daily driver", LITERALLY! They're reimbursing for non existent headlamp NO WHERE TO BE FOUND...Car 8 weeks languishing in the shop. I'm finally forced to hire lawyer. All I have now is a pile of JUNK YARD parts for $85K! PLUS, ANOTHER $5K LOST IN UPGRADES; EXHAUST, GRILLES, RIMS, TIRES, ETC. IT IS NOW ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS!

THANKS ALOT GM FOR WARNING US ABOUT DISCONTINUING MANDATORY HEAD LAMPS SO WE COULD STOCK UP! I SAY WE FILE CLASS ACTION AND MAKE THEM REPLACE OUR PARTS OR BUY THEIR JUNK BACK! If anyone has an UNBURNT spare, please call Erin. 916 549 5555

Thanks,
Erin

I think anyone with XLR parts supply problems should lodge a complaint with Cadillac Customer Service 1-800-458-8006.

Maybe if they hear from enough of us they may actually conclude that lack of product support may affect our decision on buying a future Cadillac product. I know it sure has helped me decide on my next car.

They did follow this forum as CadillacCustomerService. Their last post on this forum was 4/20/2015 so it looks like they may have decided to quit following the forum.

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/search.php?searchid=529962

I think anyone with XLR parts supply problems should lodge a complaint with Cadillac Customer Service 1-800-458-8006.

Maybe if they hear from enough of us they may actually conclude that lack of product support may affect our decision on buying a future Cadillac product. I know it sure has helped me decide on my next car.

They did follow this forum as CadillacCustomerService. Their last post on this forum was 4/20/2015 so it looks like they may have decided to quit following the forum.

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/search.php?searchid=529962

I agree we need to complain and see if they will start reproducing or at least give a auto company the molds or rights to start manufacturing these parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erin, I continue to watch this site and feel for you. I couldn't wait for that situation to happen to me, I can't afford a lawyer, to get a replacement? or whatever you may happen to accomplish. I wish you the very best. If I had been on the ball, like Crimson Pearl and stocked up on some headlights, tail lights etc.. I may have waited on the ATS-V. I hope I NEVER hear of another situation like this, but expect it will happen again, and if the insurance company manages to get beat up, either the cars will become un-insurable or so expensive they might as well be. ALABAMA XLR V and XLRATING perhaps you guys have some/any ideas to help Erin? I will continue watching this site and hope for a positive result, and maybe I can get back in the fold one day. I remember how I felt when CCC and William Wright sold theirs, and hated it. Now I have, and still don't like the feeling! Good luck to all keeping the most beautiful/awesome car going for ever!

It's been posted elsewhere on the forum (think maybe ccclarke provided it?), but there are headlights available here: Cadillac XLR Parts - SMC Performance and Auto Parts

I passed this along to my dealer as they'd told me they had someone looking for a driver's side headlight, & their response was "we've already bought 4" - but I don't know if it was from there or elsewhere. So, my dealer was able to find some.

You're correct, I provided that link awhile ago. The site says there are some in stock, so it couldn't hurt to give them a call and find out for sure.

As for parts unavailability, ELR owners could easily be in the same situation when the 2016 MY warranty period expires. With around 2500 built, (there was no 2015 MY, just 2014 and 2016, due to less-than-dismal sales) that's significantly less than the numbers of XLRs sold.

Like the XLR and Corvette, there may be a lot of commonality of Volt parts in the drivetrain, but ELR-specific components, like the must-have head and tail lamps are a recipe for a similar scenario.

I'll always be fond of the XLR, but saw this coming and don't have any regrets about moving on.

CC :wave:

I'm waiting on a response from sargentupholstery in jax fl. A couple months ago I contacted them. I contacted them again and They told me a rough price but really wanted me to bring it in. Then they can give me a better quote. So that's where I stand right now. Thanks again for the quick response.

In a total thread-jack, (and I profusely apologize) I promised to provide a seat cushion pic (after responding to a PM from Hawkeye about this thread, where I couldn't do so without a URL).

Here they are, (front back) showing the ventilation paths into the seat cover:
Seat Back Cusion Front.jpgSeat Back Cushion Back.jpg

The air duct is connected to the center of the seat back at the top, which is why you have to pull the seat cushion down so hard to release it. (After removing the seat and disconnecting the straps at the bottom of the seat.)

CC :wave:

Last edited:
Thank u

Thanks,
Erin

You might want to contact your state bureau of insurance (or whatever agency regulates insurers in Ca.) about the insurer telling you to drive without a headlamp. I'm guessing they wouldn't be too pleased with that approach, & maybe could help in some way.

To the extent you want it totaled, I ran across this info once when shopping for ins.: Total-loss thresholds by state | CarInsurance.com. I don't know if that info is accurate or not, but it might give you a starting point to work with. Maybe you can get competing appraisals from body shops that put the damage at a level that merits totaling, & take that to your insurer.

Erin tell us you are on here and tell us you got headlights from that site:dunno: please!

good job XLRATING, I hope that works at least for a while. I thought the site only said 4 available when it was first put on here.

Last edited:
Thanks for the support

Erin, I continue to watch this site and feel for you. I couldn't wait for that situation to happen to me, I can't afford a lawyer, to get a replacement? or whatever you may happen to accomplish. I wish you the very best. If I had been on the ball, like Crimson Pearl and stocked up on some headlights, tail lights etc.. I may have waited on the ATS-V. I hope I NEVER hear of another situation like this, but expect it will happen again, and if the insurance company manages to get beat up, either the cars will become un-insurable or so expensive they might as well be. ALABAMA XLR V and XLRATING perhaps you guys have some/any ideas to help Erin? I will continue watching this site and hope for a positive result, and maybe I can get back in the fold one day. I remember how I felt when CCC and William Wright sold theirs, and hated it. Now I have, and still don't like the feeling! Good luck to all keeping the most beautiful/awesome car going for ever!

Lawyer is doing it @ 10% contingency, as I gave him the PI case, too. I spoke with Phil on here, great guy, who just sold his identical 06 gold mist for $25,500 and the cut throat dealer I tracked it to now wants $32K! I would bought from him in a flash. I told them "Good Luck" once the buyer find out THERE'S NO PARTS, ESPECIALLY FOR THE SHALE INTERIOR. And thats not the BIGGIE: NO HEAD LIGHTS! Thats OK, just took out my aggression and did 125 racing a hottie in the M6 down highway 5! (thats a feat at 2 PM in OC.) LOL. I'VE LITERALLY CRIED MY EYES OUT! I feel crazy, but LOVE THAT CAR! I have 4 and the XLR is my FAVE over the M, a CL550 w Brabus and my '71 440 Charger. TIP TO ALL: This car now considered a classic and Hagerty will cover it with 100% full replacement value and no deduct. WAY LESS, TOO. Screw these gyp insurance co's. I cancelled the policy and told them I'm driving it up their @$$! Then they'll have to replace it. :mad:

GM DOESN'T CARE

They're crazy, had dealers calling me from Oklahoma, (had no headlamp), then the library archive... No wonder their entire division is folding up. Theyre inept incompetent and downright mentally disabled. They want us to buy American cars, but the foreign co's are the ones with the real service. Hell, I got a recall notice on my beater 12 yr old Honda for a faulty air bag. F GM:reddevil

Lawyer is doing it @ 10% contingency, as I gave him the PI case, too. I spoke with Phil on here, great guy, who just sold his identical 06 gold mist for $25,500 and the cut throat dealer I tracked it to now wants $32K! I would bought from him in a flash. I told them "Good Luck" once the buyer find out THERE'S NO PARTS, ESPECIALLY FOR THE SHALE INTERIOR. And thats not the BIGGIE: NO HEAD LIGHTS! Thats OK, just took out my aggression and did 125 racing a hottie in the M6 down highway 5! (thats a feat at 2 PM in OC.) LOL. I'VE LITERALLY CRIED MY EYES OUT! I feel crazy, but LOVE THAT CAR! I have 4 and the XLR is my FAVE over the M, a CL550 w Brabus and my '71 440 Charger. TIP TO ALL: This car now considered a classic and Hagerty will cover it with 100% full replacement value and no deduct. WAY LESS, TOO. Screw these gyp insurance co's. I cancelled the policy and told them I'm driving it up their @$$! Then they'll have to replace it. :mad:

Erin
You have a nice selection of rides. Did I read this right. Hagerty considers the xlrs classics?

Erin did you try that site listed earlier? what was the result?

I am looking at my parts list sheet and was wondering if anyone knows if the courtesy light for both doors are discontinued.
d49600f70f624a289cb8d6ea9a068298.jpg
e89e5685e1fa7dc57b74a0e158325c20.jpg
e8eb907b51d796d3a0643189cc46b52d.jpg
5016aaae10d8fdb89a5e399b1f48ed31.jpg
part number is (R) 10384583 and (L) 10384584.

Also now that I had my leather redone. The arm rest and seat look great. But the door insert trim looks shabby. Part number (L) 15277527
1bcf1455d23389dbdf126d6c28a6d1a0.jpg

Thanks and thanks for adding the website

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry