Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Door Handles

Richiez

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 inferred XLR
I guess, because I dont use the passanger door very often, the door handle doesnt work very well. You have to hold it for a while and move you hand around to get it to open. Even then, sometimes I have to enter through the drivers side to open the passanger door.

Are there contacts that can be cleaned to make this work better?

Thanks

This has been covered several times and the answer is to buy a new door handle switch. They do not cost much and are easy to replace--only 2 screws.

Door Handle

Thanks for the response,

Is it necessaty to remove the door panels?

This has been covered several times and the answer is to buy a new door handle switch. They do not cost much and are easy to replace--only 2 screws.

Thanks for the response,

Is it necessaty to remove the door panels?

NO, the two screws are on the switch in the jamb of the door.just remove switch and unplug it,be careful not to drop the wire harness into the door. Al

Thanks Al. This must be the easiest XLR repair that there is.

It is,if you want to open the switch and coat the contacts w/dialetric grease it will keep the contacts clean from moisture.you need to make this a real job!!:laugh::laugh:,Al

Just received the two door switches I ordered. P/N 22751230 $10.08 each.

I'm still having problems with water in the trunk. But I really want to say a big thank you to cclarke. The research of going back and finding the diagrams for this particular problem of mine is really appreciated. The other problem I have been having is the door handles. So while it is in the shop with the trunk prob. I had them put a new door pad on the drivers side while it is at the doctors (dealership). The cost of the install was $155.21 tax and labor installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow...

I'm still having problems with water in the trunk. But I really want to say a big thank you to cclarke. The research of going back and finding the diagrams for this particular problem of mine is really appreciated. The other problem I have been having is the door handles. So while it is in the shop with the trunk prob. I had them put a new door pad on the drivers side while it is at the doctors (dealership). The cost of the install was $155.21 tax and labor installed.

I just replaced the one drivers side switch in like 20 minutes... 2 screws and a plug. (Brand new GM switch Ebay $14 bucks) I even bought 2 extra and tossed them up on the shelf in the garage.
<label></label>GM DOOR LATCH RELEASE SWITCH CORVETTE XLR NEW OEM 22751230
GM DOOR LATCH RELEASE SWITCH CORVETTE XLR NEW OEM 22751230

[h=4]US $12.99[/h]

<tbody>
</tbody>

Yeah well I thought since it was going to be at the dealership for this trunk issue. Why not kill 2 birds with one stone. So they replaced the door pad and now they are tackling the water issue. The service guy thinks the weatherstrip could've had some holes in it or somehow went bad

Hello hawkeye372,

I apologize for the vehicle concerns you have been experiencing and for any inconvenience this has caused. Please keep us updated after you hear back from your dealership next. If you would like to further discuss your situation, please feel free to send me a private message or email to socialmedia@gm.com.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Is the part number the same for the driver and passenger door? Both of mine are acting very intermittent. Will buy extra to throw on the shelf also.

Many thanks to all here for all their help.

David

Is the part number the same for the driver and passenger door? Both of mine are acting very intermittent. Will buy extra to throw on the shelf also.

Many thanks to all here for all their help.

David

Yep

The trunk pad is a different part #. I have one at home, I'll get the part # and post it. Do you need one now? I'll send you the one I have if it gets you out of a jam and you can replace it.

Does anyone know if the trunk pad is the same part # as the door pads? Thx

The trunk pad is a different part #. I have one at home, I'll get the part # and post it. Do you need one now? I'll send you the one I have if it gets you out of a jam and you can replace it.

Thx Cuby, no don't need one right now but all three of my pads seem to be slow to repond but still operate. May order some to change in near future.

Part #'s

Here are the part numbers for the door and trunk pad switches:

Door switch 22751230
Trunk switch 20785843

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics