Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Door Locks

Rick99

I’m kind of new to the XLR so please bare with me. I understand that the door locks are electric. What happens in the case of a dead battery? How would you open the hood to get to it? Thanks for any info you can give as I’m just trying to learn. Rick

Read your owner's manual, its very informative reading.

I don’t happen to have one. I just doing some research. I’m thinking of buying one and this came up in a conversation I was having.

the owners manual would go into details but basically if you are in the car there is a manual handle down by the seat between the door and seat that you pull to open the door if electric system fails. that is the very first thing all owners should be aware of and share with any first time riders that may be with them. If the doors are shut and battery is dead ,you have a spot in the rear bumper to manually insert the key that you should make sure is coded and in the fob before it too late and you need it. that will allow you with much effort to open the heavy trunk . Once inside there is a emergency handle on the left side of the inner trunk to manually open the drivers door then raise the hood. You will most likely want to install a battery tender or a hidden hood release outside under the bumper like several have. get one and enjoy it.

Thanks everyone for being so quick to help. I appreciate all the help / information. You all seem like a great group. I look forward to reading more about the XLR’s and I’m sure I’ll have more questions. Have a great week.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom