Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Driver 1 & 2, seat ejection: Sandy needs HELP!

Mountsberg, Ontario, Ca., winters: Port Charlotte
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic
Ok gang: I need help. I got my car out of storage 2 weeks back. All was well for the first week but last week I suddenly had issues with the seat recall and the automatic raising of the wheel and seat when you shut off the car and open the door (aka seat ejection ....~;)...)

When I shut off the car and open the door it does not go thru that operation, nor does the seat button command for that work, so I have to do it manually. Then when I come back to the car and open the door the stupid steering wheel & seat goes to the 'lowered' position before I have a chance to get in so I have to raise them manually. I start the car and they don't go to where they belong for Driver 1.

Yes: I have checked that both of those features are turned ON in the Options menu. I also checked the fuse; although I expected to find that it was fine as the side seat controls were still working.

Any ideas before I go to the dealership? :confused:

Sandy, I had this same thing happen on my '06. I just reprogrammed the "eject" parameters (seat and steering wheel positions) and it's been fine since.

Guess older cars also have "memory" issues. :chuckle

Try that, and see if it helps. :dunno:

Tim

Sandy, I had this same thing happen on my '06. I just reprogrammed the "eject" parameters (seat and steering wheel positions) and it's been fine since.

Guess older cars also have "memory" issues. :chuckle

Try that, and see if it helps. :dunno:

Tim

Thanks Tim, no luck :mad:

I had tried reprogramming last week, but I tried again to no effect. The 'eject' parameters are a factory pre-set, there are no instructions pertaining to reprogramming that other than ON or OFF.

. Then when I come back to the car and open the door the stupid steering wheel & seat goes to the 'lowered' position before I have a chance to get in so I have to raise them manually.

I would PAY to see ANYONE try to outrace their exit seating closing up on them! :laugh: Perhaps a "Dukes of Hazzard" style entry/exit is the ticket.... :chuckle

Thanks Tim, no luck :mad:

I had tried reprogramming last week, but I tried again to no effect. The 'eject' parameters are a factory pre-set, there are no instructions pertaining to reprogramming that other than ON or OFF.

Yours must be different than mine, I can program all of the positions; 1,2, exit 1 and exit 2 using the same method of press and hold the button.

Does your problem happen for both driver 1 and 2? I'm thinking the exit position may have accidentally been programmed to a low position.

Screenshot (47).png.jpgScreenshot (46).png.jpg

Last edited:
seat issues

Ok gang: I need help. I got my car out of storage 2 weeks back. All was well for the first week but last week I suddenly had issues with the seat recall and the automatic raising of the wheel and seat when you shut off the car and open the door (aka seat ejection ....~;)...)

When I shut off the car and open the door it does not go thru that operation, nor does the seat button command for that work, so I have to do it manually. Then when I come back to the car and open the door the stupid steering wheel & seat goes to the 'lowered' position before I have a chance to get in so I have to raise them manually. I start the car and they don't go to where they belong for Driver 1.

Yes: I have checked that both of those features are turned ON in the Options menu. I also checked the fuse; although I expected to find that it was fine as the side seat controls were still working.

Any ideas before I go to the dealership? :confused:

Yes you have a Cadillac XLR LOL

David J

It is corrected! It never occurred to me that I could reprogram the 'eject' by setting things in the correct positions and pushing and holding the button on the side of the seat.....:(.... I am a wee bit blonde sometimes.

It had been working and suddenly it was not. Whether I somehow had pressed that button long enough to reprogram? Perhaps the button on my shorts pushed into the switch or what??? The odd thing is that both my Driver 1 and the eject commands were both messed up. Have not checked Driver 2, Steve uses that fob, I should get him to check as I would not be sure if it is correct to him or not.

Anyhow: thanks for your input, all better! :thumbsup

It is corrected! It never occurred to me that I could reprogram the 'eject' by setting things in the correct positions and pushing and holding the button on the side of the seat.....:(.... I am a wee bit blonde sometimes.

It had been working and suddenly it was not. Whether I somehow had pressed that button long enough to reprogram? Perhaps the button on my shorts pushed into the switch or what??? The odd thing is that both my Driver 1 and the eject commands were both messed up. Have not checked Driver 2, Steve uses that fob, I should get him to check as I would not be sure if it is correct to him or not.

Anyhow: thanks for your input, all better! :thumbsup

Yay

Don't think you need the fob, at least I never have. Just set the position you want for fob 1 and hold the far left button until it beeps twice. To set memory for seat position 2, do the same procedure setting seat where you want it and push far right button. Same for eject, set seat position and push middle button. If your battery was disconnected or went dead it could have fouled the seat positions. I have my windows act weird before and had to reset them also.

Don't think you need the fob, at least I never have. Just set the position you want for fob 1 and hold the far left button until it beeps twice. To set memory for seat position 2, do the same procedure setting seat where you want it and push far right button. Same for eject, set seat position and push middle button. If your battery was disconnected or went dead it could have fouled the seat positions. I have my windows act weird before and had to reset them also.
Although you are supposed to be able to per the manual, I've had problems setting the two different exit positions without using the fob to go to the Driver 1 or Driver 2 driving positions.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom