Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Drivers seat

Dwolf

Account Suspended
My XLR/V(s)
Black 2009 XLR platinum
Does anyon have the wiring schematics for the drivers seat? Some how my wiring harness got caughtup in the seat track it appears shewing the wiring into. I need to b able to remove seat but it doesnt move where i can get to rear seat bolts. Im thinking if i can find the power wire to the motor which moves seat forward, i should b able to remove seat to do repairs. I would really appreciate any help with this.

There are two bolts under each track (4 bolts) that free the seat from the worm gear, this allows you to move the seat fore and aft to remove the anchor bolts. I had an inop seat and just did this.

There are two bolts under each track (4 bolts) that free the seat from the worm gear, this allows you to move the seat fore and aft to remove the anchor bolts. I had an inop seat and just did this.
Thank you so much ill have to check into this.

Seat bolts

are the bolts the one with what looks to be a hex head kinda opposite of a torx screw? And come in from bottom of track? Or am i looking at the wrong blots, i guess you would call these bolts.
thank you for your help

Bolts

Yes, those are the bolts.
Good deal thank u much. Now just if ive got the right kinda wrench. What exactly does it take to remove it, its not your usual run of the mill bolt head.

When I see the title of this thread, I can't help but remember this:

:thumbsup

Bolts

Yes, those are the bolts.
Wow removing those bolts allowed seat to just barely move enough to get to rear bolts but at least ive bout got seat out, thank you so much for your help, i consider myself a fix bout anything kinda guy but i missed this one i had no clue what i was goin to do till u sent me the way to remove the seat, u saved me a lot of agrivation, thank u so much, i hope one day im able to pass some useful info to you,

Sterring wheel

Your welcome. Does your tilt/telescopic steering wheel work?
Yes it does,thats the only part of the wiring to seat that isn't messed up, i thought it strange if seat unpluged the telescopic sterring wheel doesnt work but its tied into memory settings i found out. Im trying to order the harness that pluggs into the connectors at floor on one end and bout everything else on other end, nearly all the wiring in the part if harness is damaged bad. I found one harness but not sure it will work because the seat modules look diff. Mine is all in one and the one im lookn st appears in pic to have two smaller modules. Ill try post pics maybe you can give me some insite 84F7C355-1BB1-4492-AA8F-C94433FE25C9.jpg2595836B-975A-4AC1-BEC6-5A6D1F55918D.jpgthe first pic is of my seat second is of seat i can get harness from. Ive only seen pic of it not seen in person. But dont there appear to b a difference?

Repair

Personally I would rather repair what I have than try and change to something different.
Ill have to repair it if i dont find direct replacement. But tepairing this harness isnt goin to b eady becsuse of location its at and the number of wires burned and how badly they are burned, melted togather where its difficult to tell one wire from the next. I may have to give it a go though, was hoping to unplug my damaged harness and plug replacement in its place. All the wiring is famaged at same location so the repail would make a buldging mess, might not work because of space, something caused it to fry infirst place couldve ben dragging somehow, i now ductwork at rear of seat is getting a hole in it fron dest track.

08-09

looks like 08 and 09 should be the same. I know the earlier ones looked differently. Just beware that several of the 08 totaled due to flood and you would need to dry everything out. and check connections. Good luck.

Its fixed

Your welcome. Does your tilt/telescopic steering wheel work?
I removed the complete wiring harness from the driver side seat, repaired the damaged wires,replaced harness,reinstalled seat,everything works as should. I was suprised no fuses were blown with this many wires damaged. Thank tou once again for you help.

sounds great

I think I have read there is a recall on the wiring on the passenger side but I have not seen anything in writing from GM as to what years it covers. Glad to hear you where able to repair it and get it up and out of the way

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom