Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Dyno results on 2006 XLR

Mileage updates from modifications

It's UP.
Combinded city and highway was 21.5 MPG (miles driven divided by gallons used). That is 10% highway and the rest city stop and go.
I was running around 16.5 to 17 MPG before I made the mods.
I'm interested to see what straight highway mileage will do, my last check highway I got right at 18.5 MPG.
I'm glad I did this upgrade, it's more fun to drive, sounds pretty mild until you punch it then has a nice intake / exhaust growl.
This ain't Grandpa's cadillac any more:chuckle

Wow, that's great! Always a nice surprise that CAI's usually seem to give more HP & better mpg!

My usual mpg is the same as yours - I'd be thrilled to get that kind of increase.

Amazon.com: Volant 25846150 Cool Air Intake Kit: Automotive
Here is a link to amazon sight priced at $291.58. I bought mine on ebay from I'll bet the same seller, he has a pricing error in his e-bay listing now for like 4.9k (got to be a screw up). MVP was seller name and I got a super quick shipment, brand new in box.
I saw a lot of these for 400 to 500 bucks, so this was best price.

Did not throw any codes, that is bad info, it's a bolt on. Now to make is easier you need a 1/2 x 3/8 hose barb ELBOW to hook the PVC line back up the simple way. I didn't find one so my installer rigged up a shrink fit line and it ended up looking good, but added about 10 bucks to the set up.

The only 1/2 x 3/8 hose barb elbow I found was at True value hardware ($1.30), but it was white and I found it too late. I was unable to find any plastic fitting (in black) elbow. They call this a reducer eblow and it is not a common item anywhere. I spent about an hour on line looking and just got lucky at the True Value hardware store. If you need me to, I'll dig out the package and get the part number.

Now you can hear a little intake noise only when you punch it, so if you don't want that, don't do it. It is not loud, but you can hear it (I think it's cool, but I like performance stuff).

Hope that helps

Hi, I am scheduled to receive my Volant CAI today or tomorrow, and I wanted to take your advice and get the elbow you mentioned-I found 2, one out of stock (plastic/nylon) and one in stock nearby(brass with a 150psi threshold and compatible with plastic and rubber)-I was just going to ask if it would matter which one I went with, if the brass one will work just fine? Any suggestions?

Derek

Yes, I know, I just was reading up and figured I'd give it a shot, no worries! I'm installing anyway, believe me it won't hold me up lol

Ok, so Now I want one too! I have the Corsa exhaust and K&N but if I can bolt on 15 to 20 more HP - - - I WANT IT TOO! :worship:

Steve: that link you had does not work any more, likely an expired listing. I checked Cubby's listing, it was $322. including shipping but then my hubby found this link on Ebay, they have 10 available @$294.13 including shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290622836731&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

It says for 2005 thru 2007 but I am fairly sure my 2009 is the same is it not? DOES ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE???

Sandy,
I just came across this posting. I also have a 2009 Platinum Crystal Red Metallic just like yours. I installed Corsa exhaust and Volant COI in June 2013. See my posting from 03-31-2014. I have put 45,500 miles on since the installation and have never had any engine codes.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom