Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Ebay find...

Agreed, I used LA wheel also, right around the corner from my house. Realize that price is exchange though.
Bruce

I looked at the ad. I couldn't decide what the actual color of the wheel is. Probably black, but the pix look like various shades of grey. :dunno:

I think caddy did a great job designing the V wheels goes well with the car. Have you ever seen black chrome. I've built a couple custom harley's 99.9 percent chrome except tin's. Build one in black chrome now that's a show stopper. With the wheels you get that murdered out look along with alittle glimmer.

I've used lawheel a couple times on their exchange program. Great company to deal with and very reasonable in my mind.

Like the looks of these powder coated wheels. I may have to get another set from them.:lol::lol:

Get those for your new black car .... keep your chrome ones on that absolutely, stunning, gorgeous RED car .... :love:

I think caddy did a great job designing the V wheels goes well with the car. Have you ever seen black chrome. I've built a couple custom harley's 99.9 percent chrome except tin's. Build one in black chrome now that's a show stopper. With the wheels you get that murdered out look along with alittle glimmer.

I had all of my badging done in black chrome. It looked great!! I recently removed all the badging, but I've got them if I decide to reapply them in the future.

I have been told black chrome can pit and mark easily on wheels and grilles.. Not sure if that's true, but it kept me from doing it to my grille.. :dunno:

thought i'd post another of a watch, havent seen this before, but its pretty cool looking, more of a collectible though...
NEW 2009 Cadillac xlr v 2 door convertible Steering Wheel Sport Watch | eBay

and heres a d3 intake on ebay, in case anyone is looking for one, just thought i'd share...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/D3-Stage-1-2-Black-Air-Intake-Pipe-for-2006-2009-Cadillac-XLR-V-w-K-N-Filter-/251012391063?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ACadillac%7CModel%3AXLR&hash=item3a71812097&vxp=mtr

I had all of my badging done in black chrome. It looked great!! I recently removed all the badging, but I've got them if I decide to reapply them in the future.

I have been told black chrome can pit and mark easily on wheels and grilles.. Not sure if that's true, but it kept me from doing it to my grille.. :dunno:

have you gotten a quote on how much it would cost to get the grille in black chrome? and how much was it for the badges? just wondering what kind of price range ill be looking at.

have you gotten a quote on how much it would cost to get the grille in black chrome? and how much was it for the badges? just wondering what kind of price range ill be looking at.

I had a ton of stuff done by a guy in Louisville. I'm thinking it was around $40 for the badges.. I had my grille painted black and the emblem coated with a light coat of tint. That was $125.

He is going to be covering all of my wood grain with carbon fiber and he is also going to carbon fiber the engine cover.

thought i'd post another of a watch, havent seen this before, but its pretty cool looking, more of a collectible though...
NEW 2009 Cadillac xlr v 2 door convertible Steering Wheel Sport Watch | eBay

Bulgari made a watch specifically for the XLR.. I collect watches and initially wanted one. I like to be able to wear the watches I collect and after seeing one, decided it was too small for me. I'm a big guy and it's a little watch.. Google Bulgari XLR and check it out, if you have not seen one yet..

Was interested in the carbon fiber covering. With the dash and interior pieces how well does the covering look. Was worried about the corners and the hard bends. Don't want it to peel. Depending on how the film is applied I think it would also look good to cover the front grille.

Was interested in the carbon fiber covering. With the dash and interior pieces how well does the covering look. Was worried about the corners and the hard bends. Don't want it to peel. Depending on how the film is applied I think it would also look good to cover the front grille.

Mine is not done yet, but I will post pics when it is. Another guy on this forum used 3m carbon fiber film on his and it looked great. Not sure if that film would work on the grille..

I did a lot of carbon fiber WTP in my Corvette and it looks amazing. I think it would be beautiful on the engine cover, I just haven't done it yet.
That XLR watch looks cool too. Starting at .99 I don't trust the quality though.
Bruce

I did a lot of carbon fiber WTP in my Corvette and it looks amazing. I think it would be beautiful on the engine cover, I just haven't done it yet.
That XLR watch looks cool too. Starting at .99 I don't trust the quality though.
Bruce

would you really wear it though? but they get you on the $15 shipping...
also was wondering instead of a carbon fiber if it would be possible to have those same trim pieces a gloss black with the same clear coat the woodgrain has over it, i think that would be pretty sharp.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom