Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Emergency door release

Phrede

Seasoned Member
I suggest everyone go find the release and try it before it is needed.
My battery drained due to the wrong firmware in a newly installed CoStar Bluetooth interface.
There was no problem getting the trunk open, although heavier than expected and important to lift straight. The release cable was not where I expected, near the fuel door cable. I call roadside assistance and they sent out a tech who could not find the cable either. When at the dealer to get the missing cable installed another tech knew where it was.

It is located on the drivers side, closer to the cabin, behind the side trunk liner about inline with the rear wheel, near the floor.

The two cable pulls were near each other from '04-'07. The driver's door release cable pull was moved for '08-'09. Everyone should find & use all 4 manual releases (both interior doors, fuel door & driver's door).:wave:

The two cable pulls were near each other from '04-'07. The driver's door release cable pull was moved for '08-'09. Everyone should find & use all 4 manual releases (both interior doors, fuel door & driver's door).:wave:

This may explain why the road tech sent out did not know where it was on my '08. I feel he still should have known. He basically said there was nothing he could do and left. It was a good thing I was at home when it happened.

I came up with a way to back feed the 12v system enough to get the door to open with a current limited power supply. The owners manual does not address where the cable is.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom