Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Extended Warranties Are Wonderful

rexster314

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Base Infrared
The driver's side window regulator conked out Friday night so no driving over the past weekend. Took it up to David Taylor Cadillac this morning (you can make a service appt online). Gave them the info from my extended warranty policy and within 15 minutes it was approved. They didn't have the part, but another dealer had one. Five hours later heading home with a working driver window, after paying 100$ deductible. Total for repair was $817.90. Had a 400$ repair bill from October when I had to replace the radiator so it's been a good thing so far

You're a lucky man for sure!:thumbsup I decided to run "naked" and so far have not had any issues (been 6 mos) - but I know it's just a matter of time.

You're a lucky man for sure!:thumbsup I decided to run "naked" and so far have not had any issues (been 6 mos) - but I know it's just a matter of time.

In my case, I have a friend from high school that bought an 04 XLR several months before me. When I started looking at them last summer the first thing he told me was to have a good extended warranty. I took his advice and glad I did! It got rolled into the purchase price so I came out pretty good

In my case, I have a friend from high school that bought an 04 XLR several months before me. When I started looking at them last summer the first thing he told me was to have a good extended warranty. I took his advice and glad I did! It got rolled into the purchase price so I came out pretty good

Yes, I was interested in one when I bought this car, but bought from an individual so didn't have a "dealer" option. Did LOTS of research but could never find one I felt comfortable with after reading "reviews". Naturally most folks post negative reviews so those aren't always a good indicator but either way they talked me out of a purchase. The car I bought had every service record with it from new and there has never been any serious issues with it so I took that as an indicator that it might be a "good one" and decided to just gamble. Time will tell.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom