Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Fall Chevy Vettefest -care to meet us?

Quinn

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Black XLR-V
Hi-
Just wondering if anyone was going to head to Chicago for the "Vettefest" car show Nov. 22 and 23?

David and I are going, but haven't decided which day(s). Gotta keep the Corvette guy happy, ya know! :cool: Although for the time being, he's going to have be satisfied with his C6... We'll see what happens, but I don't think he's been good enough to find a Z06 in his stocking this year! Especially after all that whining about leg room on the passenger side of the XLR.

http://www.chevyvettefest.net/

Let us know - we could meet ya there.
~Cathy

Depending on the weather tho, we'll probably have to drive the Jeep or the minivan :burnout: the "cool cars" are getting ready for their winter nap.

Let us know which day

Hey Cathy,

That's the weekend of our anniversary, but I guess that would be a good present for Mar. What do you think? Saturday would be the best day for us, but really wouldn't matter--it is pretty easy for us to get there.

My baby is already put away for the winter, so we will be in the F150 if there is snow, or her car--the Harley's are put away as well:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

PM or email me and let us know day and time. There is a graet steakhouse nearby if you want to do dinner!

Cathy, we have talked about driving up on Saturday. It looks like it will be a great show.

Bruce :wave:

The Midwest Marauders Ride Again!!!

Hmm, gas is cheap again.....

Friday - cloudy and 32
Saturday - sunny and 42
Sunday - cloudy and 52

Cathy & David, Bruce & Kathy, Kevin & Marion..... How about Tiffany's folks?

I'm busy Friday.... What time would you want to meet there on Saturday? It's located next to O'Hare - how's the traffic there on Saturday around noon (probably the same as always - AWFUL!!!)?
I could stay downtown & take the train in...... I hate to miss a party.....

Let me call the dog sitter! (assuming I behave Friday night :reddevil)
:party

Ya gonna bring your Russian bride?

Bobo,
Didn't quite make it to Russia--turned away at the border:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Something about being vertically challenged. I didn't know what that meant. Oh well the weather in Siberia is like here in the winter, so I guess I'm not missing anything.:lol:

We are going to drive down Saturday morning (it's about 4 hours) and plan to stay overnite. That seems like the "prudent" thing to do if we are going out to play with any of you guys after the show.
So, Cubby - we'd love to help you toast your lovely bride! :beerchug:
There are plenty of hotel rooms around there, so if someone else is staying overnite, let's pick one.

~C

Cathy, go ahead and look into hotels. I will let Marc and Kris and Larry Fahrenkamp know. It would be great to have the group together again.

Bruce :patriot:

Great! I'll check into that tonite.
~C

Damn! :mad: And here we are wishing we were going with you ............ again.
'Hope you have a great time .... but I know you will :rocker: :beerchug:

Damn! :mad: And here we are wishing we were going with you ............ again.
'Hope you have a great time .... but I know you will :rocker: :beerchug:
Ruthie, you nor Lola would be able to stand the cold weather, plus I am sending snow their way.:laugh::laugh::laugh:First Robin

Ruthie, you nor Lola would be able to stand the cold weather, plus I am sending snow their way.:laugh::laugh::laugh:First Robin

The white stuff won't hinder us--my X is put away for the winter. Now we use the Roush supercharged F150 Supercrew FX4. Haven't been stranded anywhere yet:lol::lol:

PS Ruth Ann this is right by O'Hare Airport--you could fly in and we'll pick you guys up. It's gonna be another Midwest:party:party:party:bar00: with good food, friends and :drink::drink::drink:

Rich,no matter how you get there,it will be great to see you again. RA, you and Ray should fly out and sample our fine fall/winter weather. Who knows, you may get stranded in Chicago.:lol:

Bruce :wave:

What does one wear when one is stranded? :D

Yep - all of you together in one place :squint:, oh my, my. So sorry that we have to miss the latest chapter of Tales from My Childhood (Bruce) .. :laugh:

As always .... raise your glass with me :beerchug: .... I'm sure the She-Devil, or Homegrown can improvise a toast from me .... :eek:

Bob -- will you be able to make this trip?? Hope so .... ! Laughter is good medicine. ;)

You talkin to me? I'm improving daily and wild horses or Mustangs couldn't keep me away. I want to see who goes off the cliff.
What does one wear when one is stranded? :D

Yep - all of you together in one place :squint:, oh my, my. So sorry that we have to miss the latest chapter of Tales from My Childhood (Bruce) .. :laugh:

As always .... raise your glass with me :beerchug: .... I'm sure the She-Devil, or Homegrown can improvise a toast from me .... :eek:

Bob -- will you be able to make this trip?? Hope so .... ! Laughter is good medicine. ;)

Nope, not this time Bobbo .... talkin' to Bob L. .... I think this meet is too far away and too close to BBB for us! ;)

Cliffs?!? :eek::eek:

Ruthie,
Fly in...we'll do some shopping in Chicago!!

Kathy :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back