Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! FOB

redsoxdad2

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black XLR
Does anyone know what to do if your FOB battery dies and you are out somewhere.

Fob

Redsocksdad2
If you can get in car place fob in pocket in left side of glove box. If you can't I hope you carry key for back bumper entry!!!! Then there is the possibility of purchasing a new batter for fob locally
V Happy

Redsocksdad2
If you can get in car place fob in pocket in left side of glove box. If you can't I hope you carry key for back bumper entry!!!! Then there is the possibility of purchasing a new batter for fob locally
V Happy

Thanks V Happy, I think I will carry an extra battery also.:wave:

I had the dealer cut a spare bumper key for me. I then took a small rectangle of stainless and painted it flat black on the front and used gorilla glue and a clamp to adhere it to an unspecified vertical location possibly under the right rear of the XLR. Now my spare rear bumper key fits in a magnetic box (after using a grinder on the head of the HUGE key) and is attached via magnet to the metal plate. I no longer live in fear :D

I also did basically the same thing. I used a magnetic key box. Through a spare key in it adhered it and put a zip tie around it so a sharp bump doesn't knock it free. Luckily haven't had the need to use but a good lifesaver!:thumbsup

I also did basically the same thing. I used a magnetic key box. Through a spare key in it adhered it and put a zip tie around it so a sharp bump doesn't knock it free. Luckily haven't had the need to use but a good lifesaver!:thumbsup

ok...so I didn't think about the sharp bump...so now I am back to being scared :rolleyes: THANKS! :cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom