Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Front turn signal bulb replacement

rwd

I've got an apparent turn signal bulb failure. The car's under warranty, but I can't imagine it'd be covered.

It looks like replacing the bulb is a bit involved (read: expensive).

Any experiences and information about either replacing the bulb or having it replaced at the dealer would be greatly appreciated.

Replacing the bulb isn't that difficult - but is a little time consuming.

In order to replace the bulb, the headlight housing must be removed.

To remove the housing, there is a "panel" inside the front wheel well, in front of the tire. You will need to remove the wheel (although some have had success by just turning the front wheel all the way to the left/right, to gain access to the panel). Remove the panel (small clips and screws hold it in). Once removed, you can access three bolts under the headlight housing. Remove the nuts and the headlight housing should just lift straight up, off the fender. You can then access the bulbs that need replacing.

Hope the info helps. Good luck (I have done it several times on my '05).

Dave

I've got an apparent turn signal bulb failure. The car's under warranty, but I can't imagine it'd be covered.

It looks like replacing the bulb is a bit involved (read: expensive).

Any experiences and information about either replacing the bulb or having it replaced at the dealer would be greatly appreciated.

FYI, I was able to do this without removing the wheel or jacking it up...

It's always a good idea to apply some "painter's tape" to the top of the bumper cover in front of each headlamp to help prevent scratches from the 3 studs on the bottom of the headlamp assembly.

Thanks for the help.

The painters tape is a good idea. I was trying to think of a material to protect the areas surrounding the headlight assembly for just that reason.

And yet on a very similar C6 you can change a turn signal bulb without either removing the wheel (as the XLR manual instructs) or headlight assembly. :(

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom