Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Headlamp lens damage?

adambravo

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Raven Black/Cashmere XLR
So... can't figure out when/how this exactly happened in the four months I've had my '07. Almost looks like I drove through a sandstorm... any ideas?
361b500ef802888a444532d78f0e3692.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not think there's an easy answer for this the lenses are damaged to the point of unrepairable moving past that there is someone I believe in the northwest they recreate them look back at old post within the last 6 months good luck Replacements are about $2,500 original if you can find them I believe. jerz... best of luck

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

WOW... that almost looks like the result of either a thermal or chemical reaction.

WOW... that almost looks like the result of either a thermal or chemical reaction.

Correct you will learn not my opinion fact parts are very limited if I'm not wrong cars have been totaled for rear light damage and other things that would be commonplace in today's market but that's what you drive a rarity good luck ..jerz.....

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

beyond repair

Correct you will learn not my opinion fact parts are very limited if I'm not wrong cars have been totaled for rear light damage and other things that would be commonplace in today's market but that's what you drive a rarity good luck ..jerz.....

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

That one is pretty bad to consider it happened so fast. That is part of the failure that caused GM to warranty almost all of the cars with new ones and thus have no replacements left to buy. Its a failure of the polycarbon lens. Some people have claimed you can buff it off, but it is all the way thru the material and will wick water . I have taken lens off and tried sanding it away inside and out. no luck. I am in the process of making new ones and have them being tested on my car at present. I had made the upper reflector lens but you have to take the top lens off to replace it so its rather worthless to just replace the burnt out plastic and not put new covers on.. I would love to hear from someone else who is making the cover lens as claimed earlier. I really dont have time nor the wish to continue with this project as I have too many others going on .

I think you should call the engineers at General Motors and let them research your headlamps maybe they couldn't help and also locate the part and give it to you this is not supposed to happen

they dont care

I think you should call the engineers at General Motors and let them research your headlamps maybe they couldn't help and also locate the part and give it to you this is not supposed to happen

The corvettes do almost the same thing but at least you can buy replacement lens for a couple hundred dollars each that have fixed the problem with better material. Just too few xlrs for them to do anything

J M O ,,, for now

Adam.. Until you can find a replacement headlight or a solution,,,you might want to add the XPEL H1417-DS - Dark Smoke Headlight Protection Kit to at least camouflage this unacceptable appearance. I'm aware this wouldn't solve your problem, but may diminish the embarrassing factor. I put this product (clear) on my XLR headlights to protect them, and was quite satisfied. Good luck!
p z

XPEL H1417-DS - Dark Smoke Headlight and Fog Light Protection Kit | eBay

Adam.. Until you can find a replacement headlight or a solution,,,you might want to add the XPEL H1417-DS - Dark Smoke Headlight Protection Kit to at least camouflage this unacceptable appearance. I'm aware this wouldn't solve your problem, but may diminish the embarrassing factor. I put this product (clear) on my XLR headlights to protect them, and was quite satisfied. Good luck!
p z

XPEL H1417-DS - Dark Smoke Headlight and Fog Light Protection Kit | eBay

Thanks! Looks interesting but says “off-road use only”...?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dark smoke

anything other than clear covers are illegal for road use. The clear protect the headlight I believe from further damage and may help to keep moisture out as those cracks will seep. But they do nothing for the appearance

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom