Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

headlight washers

Phrede

Seasoned Member
This may need to be in the tech area, but since it was a topic at NCH here it is ... for now. There was a discussion about what it takes to get the headlight washers to come on. It seemed that few, if any, used them or missed them. Different to what was tried in the building, I have discovered that mine only work with the engine running (not in acc. mode) with the headlights on and after 4 quick washer button presses. They then worked every other press. It maybe a timing thing on how many presses it requires and I was not interested enough to continue testing.

My Headlamp washers come on in "acc" mode with the headlamps on and on the first washer cycle.

:cool:

My Headlamp washers come on in "acc" mode with the headlamps on and on the first washer cycle.

:cool:
Hmmm... Maybe it is a difference in the model years? I posted because the car we were looking at during a seminar at NCH did not ever wash the lights. I thought maybe it was because we did not have the engine running.

I've confirmed that mine requires the engine to be running. The 4th press of the washer button starts the headlight washer. There is also a short squirt about 3 seconds after the button is released. After that another 4 presses are needed.

Manual for my '06 says they come on every 5th use IF the headlamps are on. Better than an '08 STS which has them come on every 5th washer use no matter what. I usually don't want/need them washed.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom