Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hello from Houston

kat

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Pink XLR
Hello ladies and gents!

My name is Kat. I've been a forum member since 2016, but, as an XLR lover only...never as an owner. At least until today! Today, my husband bought me my dream car! I'm the proud new owner of a 2007 Pink XLR! She will be delivered by the weekend and I'm SO excited! I can't wait to take her out. :dance:

Welcome aboard Kat! Congratulations on acquiring an XLR. What an amazing gift to get!!

Is it a former Mary K car, or was it custom painted for the previous owner? Either way I’m sure you’ll stand out in it.

Have fun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard Kat! Congratulations on acquiring an XLR. What an amazing gift to get!!

Is it a former Mary K car, or was it custom painted for the previous owner? Either way I’m sure you’ll stand out in it.

Have fun!!!

Thank you so much! 24 years tomorrow! I'm not sure if it was a Mary Kay car or not. My guess would be "yes", though. I've seen enough of them to know that powder pink. And I'm certain she'll stand out...hahaha...not a whole lot of pink XLRs running around Houston.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Boy that is the truth. I was reading in another thread about how they actually painted the Mary Kay cars silver at the Bowling Green plant and shipped them to Michigan (Presumably Hamtramck) to disassemble them and apply the Mary K Pink. Not sure why they would go to all that trouble, but then again who knows why GM does anything.

How exciting. Post some pictures when you get a chance. [emoji267][emoji41][emoji267]

I seem to remember a conversation about those Mary K cars. They were on a lease for a certain period of time, turned back in, then they were repainted. To have an actual Mary K car would be a conversation starter

Congrats and welcome to the XLR Net!

Be sure to check out the XLR Registry.

-Rob

Boy that is the truth. I was reading in another thread about how they actually painted the Mary Kay cars silver at the Bowling Green plant and shipped them to Michigan (Presumably Hamtramck) to disassemble them and apply the Mary K Pink. Not sure why they would go to all that trouble, but then again who knows why GM does anything.

How exciting. Post some pictures when you get a chance. [emoji267][emoji41][emoji267]

I searched through the registry and found my car. It WAS originally for the Mary Kay fleet. It was originally painted Light Platinum before being sent for repainting the pink I'm so in love with...hahaha. Odd thing, though...on the current window sticker, it has the interior listed as Cashmere. I'm thinking someone was more than just a bit color blind.....the interior is clearly Ebony.
The link to registry: 2007 Cadillac XLR - Mary Kay Edition - 1G6YV36A475601210 - Cadillac XLR Registry

Kat,

The registry sticker shows ebony. Are you talking about the sticker that was on your recent purchase that shows cashmere?
Also, the registry shows light platinum as ext. color.

ras

Kat,

The registry sticker shows ebony. Are you talking about the sticker that was on your recent purchase that shows cashmere?
Also, the registry shows light platinum as ext. color.

ras

Yes, ras. The sticker from the recent purchase is what shows Cashmere. Totally contradicts the original. Also, I believe all of the Mary Kay fleet cars were originally painted Light Platinum and then sent off to be painted the infamous pink somewhere else. Not sure where or why...but, would love to know more about that. I wonder if the higher ups at Mary Kay Corporate offices would know the story and be willing to share.

Yes, ras. The sticker from the recent purchase is what shows Cashmere. Totally contradicts the original. Also, I believe all of the Mary Kay fleet cars were originally painted Light Platinum and then sent off to be painted the infamous pink somewhere else. Not sure where or why...but, would love to know more about that. I wonder if the higher ups at Mary Kay Corporate offices would know the story and be willing to share.

As I understand it, the Mary Kay program cars were all leased so when returned at the end of the term they are restored to the original color of Light Platinum. That way no “Mary Kay Pink” cars are supposed to fall into “civilian” hands.

I’m sure that some cars are sold before the repaint, or perhaps repainting the XLR was so cost prohibitive that it was decided to just sell the returned units as is.

In any case, you have a pretty rare car on your hands.

I think they were on a 2 year lease, to be turned back into the dealer, then resprayed back to original color. Obviously some dealers didn't do that

Please post some pics of your baby when you can.
Like Rule62 said, you have a rare ride.

Hey Rexster,

I bet that Cyclo Polisher you have, working into that pink paint the “Zaino Package” would make that Pink POP....
BTW....I recently tried the Z-6. Then the Z-PC, immediately followed by Z-8 while still curing, followed by thorough wipe-down. Boy, did it make a difference in both slickness and shine depth.
I’ll always take those steps, especially after a complete cleaning of her.
Thanks for that tip a few weeks back.
ras

Correction: Z-C.S., instead of Z-PC....my bad

That's correct. I believe the Mary Kay cars were only built between 2007 - 2009. They were all originally painted either Light Platinum or Radiant Silver at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant. The interiors were either Cashmere or Ebony.

If there is information in the Registry that is incorrect, please let me know.

If you have your window sticker and it's not in the Registry with your listing, please send me a photo of it so I can include it in your listing. It also helps verify that the information in the Registry is accurate.

Mary Kay XLR's

The Mary Kay cars were all leases and the contract with Cadillac stated at the end of the lease the cars had to be returned and sent to be repainted back to the original color. From what I understand, the cost to repaint was Mary Kay's responsibility, but after the demise of the XLR, Cadillac didn't push the issue. Many of the later leased vehicle were offered to the current drivers to buy or they went back to the dealer and were supposed to be repainted. Since there were so few, I don't think either Cadillac or Mary Kay have pushed the issue. Only Mary Kay's top sales people received the XLR's; lower down the sales ranks they would received the SRX to drive; in pink of course. I have a customer whos wife had a pink XLR and took the buyout when they offered it to her. It's still pink and she rarely drives it. I see it maybe 2-3 times a year.

As I understand it, the Mary Kay program cars were all leased so when returned at the end of the term they are restored to the original color of Light Platinum. That way no “Mary Kay Pink” cars are supposed to fall into “civilian” hands.

I’m sure that some cars are sold before the repaint, or perhaps repainting the XLR was so cost prohibitive that it was decided to just sell the returned units as is.

In any case, you have a pretty rare car on your hands.

I think they were on a 2 year lease, to be turned back into the dealer, then resprayed back to original color. Obviously some dealers didn't do that

That's correct. I believe the Mary Kay cars were only built between 2007 - 2009. They were all originally painted either Light Platinum or Radiant Silver at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant. The interiors were either Cashmere or Ebony.

If there is information in the Registry that is incorrect, please let me know.

If you have your window sticker and it's not in the Registry with your listing, please send me a photo of it so I can include it in your listing. It also helps verify that the information in the Registry is accurate.

I spend most of my winter in Palm Desert CA. and the other day a Mary Kay XLR was at the lights across from me. The car looked really sharp and would be a conversation piece for sure. Have fun.
John F.

Welcome to the XLR Site

Congratulations. I must say I have never seen a Pink XLR. Very unusual. Post some pictures when you can.

Hello ladies and gents!

My name is Kat. I've been a forum member since 2016, but, as an XLR lover only...never as an owner. At least until today! Today, my husband bought me my dream car! I'm the proud new owner of a 2007 Pink XLR! She will be delivered by the weekend and I'm SO excited! I can't wait to take her out. :dance:
Replying with pics! Not sure they do the "opalescent" quality of the paint justice, but, here's my newest love! And OMG is she fun to drive...lol...just WoW!
c2425ab0c6d5d8c385fce6ca965c6f96.jpg
90bf84aa77ea94de6997bb4a500749cf.jpg
d10df672e993c4420d8c51fd576eb274.jpg

Replying with pics! Not sure they do the "opalescent" quality of the paint justice, but, here's my newest love! And OMG is she fun to drive...lol...just WoW!
c2425ab0c6d5d8c385fce6ca965c6f96.jpg
90bf84aa77ea94de6997bb4a500749cf.jpg
d10df672e993c4420d8c51fd576eb274.jpg

When the light catches just right sje can look white, platinum with emerald undertones, or straight up powder pink. I'm in love with this PAINT...lol

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back