Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hello, I'm Crimson Pearl

Crimson Pearl

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Crimson Pearl XLR
Hello,

Just a brief post to introduce myself.

I have chosen the name "Crimson Pearl" because sometimes there is just too much stuff to remember!

I have wanted an XLR since they first hit the market. I started looking very seriously last year. I was very specific, I wanted a Crimson Pearl car with Shale Interior. I looked at several cars, but just couldn't find the right one.

Finally, last month I found it! A Crimson Pearl 2005 with only 8,000 miles. It was bought new at a dealer very close to me. It was a garage kept vehicle and obviously, not driven much. It was only driven 200 miles the last year that the original owner had it. Finally, she traded it back in to the original selling dealer and bought a new Escalade.

The car is literally flawless, not a nick or scratch on it anywhere! All service (what little was required in 8,000 miles) was done at the selling dealership. This was the car that had the "provenance" that I had been looking for.

I have spent a fair amount of time on this site as a visitor, researching information and learning prior to the purchase of the car.

Glad that this site exists and I hope to be a positive addition!

MVC-005F-2.jpg

Welcome CP!

I love your car - if I could have ordered one from the factory that would have been it .... beautiful. You will enjoy it - that's for sure. I hope you decide that you'd like to meet up with some of the members - then you'd really love it.

So glad that you posted!

Ruth Ann

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, it is exactly what I would have ordered had I done so. My understanding is that the only option available in 2005 was XM Radio, and my car does have it.

The dealership upgraded the On-Star to Digital for me.

I am posting this shot of the interior just because it looks so great with the Crimson Pearl exterior paint.

MVC-010F-3.jpg

WELCOME...sometimes I think our cars pick US ! :cool:

Looks like it was worth the wait. Welcome to our world :rocker:

The car looks great hope you have a lot fun with it welcome to Forum.

Speedway:wave:

I think you will find your XLR a great addiction! We certainly enjoy ours!
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We hope to see you at a fuur event. We DID go to Asheville last spring - want to join us in COlorado in 2010?

BTW, WELCOME again and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

PS THANK YOU for joining us, and THANK YOU for posting pictures of your addiction!

Congrats and welcome.....:cool:

Welcome!!

I'm sure you won't be sorry for your purchase!! Great color too!!! :rocker::rocker:

Floyd (BB)

Congrats on your purchase, you will love it. I had an '04 the same color, until I upgraded early this year for an '06 V. Basically the same color, although they changed the red to Infrared (a little deeper red). Hope you can join in on the Colorado trip in May 2010, or perhaps another drive. The Midwest group goes all the time--we love to drive our cars!!!

Congrats again!!

Congrats on the new toy. What a beautiful car. It appears it was worth the wait. I hope you can join up with some of the other XLR owners. We have a great time getting together, always a lot of fun. I'm sure you would enjoy the Colorado trip in May. Welcome aboard and enjoy your new ride!

Welcome to the site. Beautiful car, nice to know all the history also. Were you standing on the decklid to that interior shot? :laugh:
Bruce

Thanks for the welcome!

This forum was a big help for me right after I bought my XLR. The week that I purchased it was a week of rain. I actually purchased it on a Tuesday, but did not pick it up until Friday, since that was the first day that the weather cleared and the sun came out! :rolleyes:

I meant to get the owners manual out of the glovebox and bring it home on Tuesday, but forgot. I was able to study the manual here on the site prior to delivery on Friday. As a result, I had familiarized myself with most of the controls and features prior to "bringing it home"!

Looking forward to some of that wonderful "top down" weather.

The XLR almost seems like two different (both wonderful) cars. The feel of the car with the "top down" is certainly fantastic, but it IS different than driving it as a very nice coupe. The car would still be a marvelous vehicle even if it was only a coupe.

Hi Crimson Pearl - Welcome to the XLR-Net forum. I'm also in the Tarheel State (outside Raleigh) and have a 2005 XLR that we bought in September of '08. I absolutely love my car.
Diane

Welcome Crimson Pearl. That's a great color combination, in fact my favorite. I bought a 2006 in Infared, but could not find one with the shale interior which was what I really wanted. I finally settled for black, which IMO is not the best color for the hot Texas sun.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom