Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hello

DB2

Hi, I’m the very fortunate second owner (thanks dad) of a 2008 XLR with 56k miles. This group has already been of great help as the first thing I looked into was how to change the driver’s side touch-pad ($20 on eBay, a screwdriver, 2 minutes and viola!). I look forward to getting much more info here as the car has some quirks likely due to age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. Search is your best bet to discover the abundance of information on this site. Good luck with your baby and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. Search is your best bet to discover the abundance of information on this site. Good luck with your baby and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
there is lots of information on this site but I have never had any success searching with the above box. I can put a simple term in there and nothing comes up. However if I go to google and put in say "trunk lock switch forum" it will take me right to a thread. Might give it shot or the above search box might work might work well for you. or you can always ask??

Welcome to the forum welcome new owner.

there is lots of information on this site but I have never had any success searching with the above box. I can put a simple term in there and nothing comes up. However if I go to google and put in say "trunk lock switch forum" it will take me right to a thread. Might give it shot or the above search box might work might work well for you. or you can always ask??

LTS,

I’ve had the same issue. I put words in the search and nothing comes up but magically I have found it here other ways (usually scanning through general threads. . .) I think it’s the platform (the app)? I haven’t searched via computer (only smart phone).

I have had good luck simply searching using Google and putting xlr.net in the search box along with whatever subject I am searching.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

My Belated welcome to The XLR Forum : )

Welcome aboard! My reticence in posting has been due to my on-going major home renovation this summer. Turning our attached two car garage into a four car attached garage with vaulted ceilings so we can ad a four car storage lift. Then it will become a six (6) car garage. :cool: I will post progress pictures in a thread here in response to Hawkeye and Grand Daddy 05 (Dan).

Again, welcome to The Site!

Last edited:
Garage Addition Progress + Other Stuff

Welcome to the forum welcome new owner.

Hi Hawkeye, and Hi to Dan,

Hope all is well with you Hawkeye and your Mom. Say hi to her for us. We have been really preoccupied this summer with 'The Construction Build' as well as we are having the whole place repainted and a new roof put on. On the garage I am my own GC and so far so good. Just doesn't happen as fast as I wanted. Go figure. ;) --- So far has passed every inspection from Regional Building. Some pictures attached here. Yes, it had to be an "Engineered Foundation". Haven't opened the wall yet between the original 2 car and this as am waiting on the garage doors. Being manufactured then installed. Did a drive through set up as we have no other access to the back yard should I ever have to get any heavy equipment back there. --- Are you (?) or anyone on the forum aware of the best deal on a four car storage lift? Two on top, and two underneath? Yes, the ceiling is 'vaulted'. Garage Site Prep #1.jpgFooting Stem Excavation #2.jpgGar Addition #2.jpg

Attachments

• Gar Addition #1.jpg
    Gar Addition #1.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Hoovie's Garage? Yeah, I guess. Kind Of. Ha : )

Here are some pictures of the insulation now on hand for the ceiling. R38 48" long batts. Before the electrician can finish and put in the Two Tube LED Lights (6ea. fixtures) the stand off air batts and the insulation batts must go in. Then the drywall on the ceiling. Then they can also install the overhead garage doors. The concrete floor and apron is 6" thick 4000psi reinforced concrete. The black wall eventually gets demo'd and opens up the addition into the existing two car. Don't want to do that though until the garage doors are on as we have lots of critters here. Coyotes, bears, mountain lions, racoons, deer, Bob Cats, etc. No 'open door invitations for them!'

The first picture was when we were demolishing the existing trees on the site. Mostly Aspen, in preparation for the dig. As we are overgrown with 'lots' of trees they won't be missed too badly. Yet felt kind of bad having to take them down.

Garage Insulation.jpg
HTML:

Attachments

• Garage Demo Wall.jpg
    Garage Demo Wall.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 175
cnc you should’ve if the price was right have a single garage door in the back of the new garage. That way you could back a trailer or even a lawn mower into the back yard. Looks like you have one but can’t really tell from the pic

Great Minds! : )

cnc you should’ve if the price was right have a single garage door in the back of the new garage. That way you could back a trailer or even a lawn mower into the back yard. Looks like you have one but can’t really tell from the pic

Hey Hawkeye,
Rear Garage Door.jpg
PHP:

Check it out. Great Minds!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC