Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hi All!

Dino747

New owner of a 2004 xlr. Low miles 15k satin nickel. This was a relatives car that has been passed on to me. Recent work done was a vehicle inspection which indicated an oil pan reseal (completed) magna ride shocks are showing minor seepage, top is intermittent. All fluids have been changed. Question I have is, since this car has had very little mileage over the last 5 years, is there a particular way to exercise the car that will minimize maintenance issues as I plan a transcon drive from Palm Springs to Naples Fl.

Maybe a dumb question, I just want to treat this vehicle as good as I can and retain good reliability.

Thanks

Attachments

• 66A8A749-E39C-422A-91AE-4B3010903E08.jpeg
    66A8A749-E39C-422A-91AE-4B3010903E08.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 65
Congratulations on your new toy. The only thing I would suggest is put some miles on it before you take l long trip just to see what shakes out. Also with only 15k miles I'm surprised there are issues with the shocks, I would wipe them clean, take your trip and then have someone else inspect them.
Good luck and enjoy

Congratulations on your new toy. The only thing I would suggest is put some miles on it before you take l long trip just to see what shakes out. Also with only 15k miles I'm surprised there are issues with the shocks, I would wipe them clean, take your trip and then have someone else inspect them.
Good luck and enjoy
That’s the plan at this point. With the cost of these shocks, I want to make absolutely sure I “need” to replace them before I do.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you! Looking forward to learning all I can about this car.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom