Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

HID Headlight Bulb replacement

ljkrenek

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Base
HELP!!!! How does one replace these HID headlight bulbs in an 05 XLR???? Cannot figure the access even with new bulbs to look at. Must the entire headlight assembly be removed and if so, HOW??? Thanks for the help!!:dunno:

Use the search. Gizmo wrote the procedure he used in 2014.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

HELP!!!! How does one replace these HID headlight bulbs in an 05 XLR???? Cannot figure the access even with new bulbs to look at. Must the entire headlight assembly be removed and if so, HOW??? Thanks for the help!!:dunno:

You must remove the entire headlight assembly. Access the retaining nuts through the closeout panel (fender liner). Lay down some masking tape on the top of the bumper and windshield washer to avoid scratching them. I forget the size of the retainers, but once that is done the assembly comes up and out. I had to replace several running lights a couple of months ago.

While you go to the trouble be sure to replace those 3757 bulbs with some leds that will not continue to damage your headlights. Well worth the money

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom