Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

High Mileage XLR-V's

Steve O'

Anyone seen a V with high mileage? I usually buy a different vehicle every year but I feel like driving this think until it's not possible. Just curious if the boosted motors will take an extended beating.

Has anyone had an engine or transmission rebuilt? Are all the parts to do that still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Transmission and chassis are standard corvette parts.
The V engines where hand built, and had additional Northstar improvements to them.
If the one you buy was cared for and the oil changed regularly you shouldn't have of find any major problems.
I'd change all fluids first thing, best to start with ones you know.

My V has 100k plus and still runs and drives like a low mileage car. It's quieter than my 2011 V2 and my wife's 2010 escalade

Elwood

My V now has 140K+ and I'be beat on it since 30K. Still runs great.

I did change out the transmission for racing the standing mile (original Tranny couldn't take 500+RWHP at full throttle in 5th and 6th). My "Super 6L80" from Century Transmissions is rated for 800HP, has land speed and 1/4 mile tunes, and 5th and 6th are now bulletproof.

My V now has 140K+ and I'be beat on it since 30K. Still runs great.

I did change out the transmission for racing the standing mile (original Tranny couldn't take 500+RWHP at full throttle in 5th and 6th). My "Super 6L80" from Century Transmissions is rated for 800HP, has land speed and 1/4 mile tunes, and 5th and 6th are now bulletproof.

How much was the tranny upgrade?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wife's 05 XLR just turned 150K

We bought it with 60K in 09 and she drives it every day. Had our share of problems like everyone else but she loves it and won't let it go. Biggest thing is the retrackible top, she uses it all the time, (hey we live in Cali) and won't have a ragtop or import. Caddy nor GM make a retrackible top car anymore so we're gonna keep it. Still on the original engine & trans with no major repairs to either.:thumbsup

Anyone know if the AC components are interchangeable with other mass produced vehicles?

Thanks to all who responded

I have been looking at a high-mileage V... 80K 2009... and the high mileage was worrying me. This thread has helped me to decide on making this purchase. Thanks again, all! :thumbsup :thumbsup :wave:

I have been looking at a high-mileage V... 80K 2009... and the high mileage was worrying me. This thread has helped me to decide on making this purchase. Thanks again, all! :thumbsup :thumbsup :wave:

93k and daily driving my V. Hope to get about 80k out of it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back