Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! hydraulic lines in roof

joman

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Red XLR
I just got my car back from the dealership today after having the lines in the roof replaced. The service manager said the reason the line failed was because when the clamps were installed at the factory. they were tightened down such that the hose was being pinched or was flexing at the point where the clamp was. They installed sleeves under the clamps so the hose could slide so I should not have this problem again. Something worth checking out guys

Thanks Jim

Where was it that yours were leaking? Mine were squirting out on the inside where the top meets the wing window; when the top would latch to the header, I would get a squirt of fluid on the inside of my rear window. The fluid also ruined the vinyl that covers the mechanism on the inside. Rather that spend $265 on a new vinyl cover, I just had a local upholstery shop cut off the plastic mounting pieces leaving about an inch of vinyl attached. Then I had new black vinyl sewn to them (and cut to the same dimensions), cost $20 and you can't tell it's not factory...

Is this a "known" problem?

Is this a "known problem" as the result of a miscalibrated air tool or over-zealous assembler?

If so, does it only affect certain year models?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Is this a "known problem" as the result of a miscalibrated air tool or over-zealous assembler?

If so, does it only affect certain year models?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Mine is an '07... I know when I had mine done last May, the tech had just finished completed the same thing on eight XLR's. So, I wouldn't say it's a 'known' problem... but I would certainly watch out for it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom