Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! I cant find the suspension control module in my car

Treasureroom

Hello.
The dealer told me i needed a new suspension control module in my 2006 part number 15808061 .I ordered an oem module.

I found online that the module is easy to change and is located in the drivers side trunk compartment next to the convertable top module.

I see the convertable top module 15813085. But i can not find the suspension control module Its kinda big so I dont know how i would miss it unless it is not located in that rear trunk compartment where you check the hydraulic fluid.

Anyone have an idea what im doing wrong?

The Electronic Suspension Control module is located on the rear wall of the left side compartment. It's a little over an inch thick and resides in a bracket.

CCC :wave:

I have the new module right here, it’s about the size of a bible and very thin. The problem is I cant find the original module in my car. I am looking in the hole on the drivers side of the car in the trunk. The same hole that contains the hydraulics fill reservoir and the convertible top module. The convertible top module is attached directly to the hydraulics reservoir via torque screws. Is the Suspension control module sandwiched between the two? There is nothing on the rear wall of that compartment (the wall closest to the back of the car.) Its just empty space with a bunch of wiring harnesses. All the wiring harness are connected to something so it is not possible that the original module that should be in the car is missing. </SPAN>

I have the new module right here, it’s about the size of a bible and very thin. The problem is I cant find the original module in my car. I am looking in the hole on the drivers side of the car in the trunk. The same hole that contains the hydraulics fill reservoir and the convertible top module. The convertible top module is attached directly to the hydraulics reservoir via torque screws. Is the Suspension control module sandwiched between the two? There is nothing on the rear wall of that compartment (the wall closest to the back of the car.) Its just empty space with a bunch of wiring harnesses. All the wiring harness are connected to something so it is not possible that the original module that should be in the car is missing. </SPAN>

Sent you a PM... my service manual says it's under the RIGHT FRONT wheelhouse liner.

I fix one thing and three more break. </SPAN></SPAN>
I have only owned my XLR for less than two months now, but I am fed up with it and seriously considering selling.</SPAN></SPAN>

The Service Ride Control was on when I purchased the car.</SPAN></SPAN>
I had the Ride Control Module replaced at the dealer, the Service Ride Control message disappeared.</SPAN></SPAN>

However, on the ride home from the dealership, the following glitch happened (all of these at the same time):</SPAN></SPAN>
The Brake light on the dash comes on</SPAN></SPAN>
The low brake fluid warning is displayed on the driver info center(brake fluid reservoir is full)</SPAN></SPAN>
The traction control light on the dash comes on</SPAN></SPAN>
The Service Stabilitrak warning is displayed on the driver info center</SPAN></SPAN>
Once these warnings appear the cruise control will not operate at all.</SPAN></SPAN>

The brake light on the dash and the low brake fluid warning eventually go away. </SPAN></SPAN>
The traction control light on the dash and the Service Stabilitrak warning never go out until I shut the car off.</SPAN></SPAN>

All of these items seem to be fine when the car is shut back off and restarted. No warnings. </SPAN></SPAN>
Within 20 minutes of driving the car the warnings will come on again. </SPAN></SPAN>

I am 100% convinced that the dealer did something to the car to cause this glitch.</SPAN></SPAN>
I has only been two days since the problem started so I don’t know what triggers the glitch while im driving.</SPAN></SPAN>

Does anyone have any insite they can provide. Is the wiring harness for the module the dealer replaced near something else they might have disturbed to cause this problem? </SPAN></SPAN>
Im not trying to fix the car myself, I just want to be armed with information when the dealer try to BS me telling me how the glitch is not their fault.
</SPAN></SPAN>

I fix one thing and three more break.
I have only owned my XLR for less than two months now, but I am fed up with it and seriously considering selling.

The Service Ride Control was on when I purchased the car.
I had the Ride Control Module replaced at the dealer, the Service Ride Control message disappeared.

However, on the ride home from the dealership, the following glitch happened (all of these at the same time):
The Brake light on the dash comes on
The low brake fluid warning is displayed on the driver info center(brake fluid reservoir is full)
The traction control light on the dash comes on
The Service Stabilitrak warning is displayed on the driver info center
Once these warnings appear the cruise control will not operate at all.

The brake light on the dash and the low brake fluid warning eventually go away.
The traction control light on the dash and the Service Stabilitrak warning never go out until I shut the car off.

All of these items seem to be fine when the car is shut back off and restarted. No warnings.
Within 20 minutes of driving the car the warnings will come on again.

I am 100% convinced that the dealer did something to the car to cause this glitch.
I has only been two days since the problem started so I don’t know what triggers the glitch while im driving.

Does anyone have any insite they can provide. Is the wiring harness for the module the dealer replaced near something else they might have disturbed to cause this problem?
Im not trying to fix the car myself, I just want to be armed with information when the dealer try to BS me telling me how the glitch is not their fault.

Your concern is certainly understandable regarding these issues. Please keep us posted on the status of these issues and how the dealer addresses the issues. Please send a PM if is not addressed satisfactorily with the VIN#, your name, and situation. I hope your week is going well despite the car concerns.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry