Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: I don't like this one bit!

That's exactly what's wrong with this country. Everybody has their hand out to make profit no matter how wrong it is or who it hurts! Unfortunately all you executives that make the decisions are also money greedy people that don't care about anybody that's gotten them where their at, and have no ethics. Does anybody care about the world that their kids and grandkids will suffer in. It should be illegal and all those executives, representatives,and congressman that make all those ridiculous deals should be put away maybe in one of those nice communist jails. A**holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :patriot::patriot::patriot:

You have to be kidding and on top of it all you are going to allow a communist government owned corporation build and distribute avionics and bombs to terrorist countries. GM sales are going drop here in the US or do they even care. This has given me reason to ponder even owning a car built by GM.
:mad: :patriot: :patriot: :mad:

And... what gets my goat the most, is Dan Akerson seems PROUD of this accomplishment. :dunno::dunno::dunno: I say it's a sad time for GM...:(:(

And... what gets my goat the most, is Dan Akerson seems PROUD of this accomplishment. :dunno::dunno::dunno: I say it's a sad time for GM...:(:(

Not only is it a sad day for GM it is an even sadder day for America. How many jobs did this idiot ship overseas to China to get this deal? I say if the CEO of an American company ships even 1 job overseas and fails to replace it in HIS/HER company with an equally well paying job - they FAILED and they do not deserve a large bonus, their compensation should be $1/year, and if they have to leave they get the same 'Golden Parachute' that the average worker would get if they were laidoff from the company. Let's implement this and see how many jobs are created in the USA. Why can't Congress and the company boards of directors get this straight. I have no problem with American companies expanding overseas, just not at the expense of the American worker. Rather than building new plants in China how about Akerson using some of those empty auto transport ships going back to the orient to ship American made cars to Asia. I am sure he would be able to negotiate a real 'sweet heart' deal to fill an empty ship on a return trip.

I totally agree with the above post and another thing that concerns me is the removal of the American Flag from the Tail of Air Force One and the current campaing slogan for Obama being painted on the body of Air Force One. Of course that doesn't surprise me since he doesn't wear the American Flag Lapel Pin. We the taxpayers still own a good share of GM Stock but it is our Congress and President that call the shots, not the taxpayers just like Mr. President thinks AFO is his personal property, not the property of the people of the United States. It is time we the people take our country back, remember this when we go to the polls in November. People fell for the wanting change but they had the wool pulled over their eyes as to just what the change was going to be. Letting foriegn countries come in to our country and buy buildings and convert them to a use of building dangerous weapons to supply to other countries that only want to destroy our country is a total outrage.

I totally agree with the above post and another thing that concerns me is the removal of the American Flag from the Tail of Air Force One and the current campaing slogan for Obama being painted on the body of Air Force One. Of course that doesn't surprise me since he doesn't wear the American Flag Lapel Pin. We the taxpayers still own a good share of GM Stock but it is our Congress and President that call the shots, not the taxpayers just like Mr. President thinks AFO is his personal property, not the property of the people of the United States. It is time we the people take our country back, remember this when we go to the polls in November. People fell for the wanting change but they had the wool pulled over their eyes as to just what the change was going to be. Letting foriegn countries come in to our country and buy buildings and convert them to a use of building dangerous weapons to supply to other countries that only want to destroy our country is a total outrage.

I believe that the campaign slogan is allowed only when the plane is being flown for campaign purposes paid for by the campaign. The flag is removed from the tail anytime the plane flys to a hostile environment. Mr. Obama proudly has the American flag in his lapel. He is as patriotic American as you or I. Please don't let polical differences taint your view of his love for country. There are many photoshops out there where it has been removed.

We (the American people) may own a majority share of GM stock, however, it all non-voting shares thanks to the bill Bush got passed to bail them out. Yes, it was the Bush administration that passed the bailout bill in Dec 2008 and not President Obama, although he gets all of the blame.

Unfortunately there are no laws that prohibit a person from selling their property to anyone else including a foreign national or company. And again there are no laws prohibiting what an owner does with their property once they own it unless they are conducting illegal activities. I am not sure we want these kinds of laws either. Is it really a good idea to have the government tell us what we can and cannot do? To me that sounds an awful lot like big government interference.

We all want change for the better, and it will not happen as long as the Congress and the Presidency remain totally polarized and unwilling to compromise on any position. Why does it take 60 votes in the Senate to get even the most non-controvercial bill passed? This is total insanity and does not serve any purpose other than the forment of political conflict. If we do not seek common middle ground does anyone think it would be any different if Mr Romney were elected in Nov. This is neither good for the Congress nor the country. Unfortunately things will not change until politicians wake up to the fact that everyone benefiting is better than me or my party benefiting for the next news cycle. I also believe that our current media frenzy plays into this polarization situation at the moment.

Dan akerson doesn't look happy he looks and sounds like a trader. These puppets don't have any morals only care for their bottom line. This is my first GM and after hearing this thank god I didn't buy new. Dont the chinese own a lot of land and property in AMERICA because of the national debt except the government doesn't like to talk of it. All this talk makes me sick an disgusted in our government. Said I would move north(Canada) if Hillary Clinton had gotten elected maybe need to rethink that? I will show and recommend this clip of one of the oldest american car companies selling out and funneling the money right into what AMERICA is against! We as AMERICANS need to stand up against the government and the people deciding these factors. I feel better knowing my heart has always been FORD oval blue. Henry is probably Rollin over in his grave as we speak! BUY AMERICAN if you can find it?

We all want change for the better...... if Mr Romney were elected in Nov. .....

See how I chopped up your message to make it fit another view? That's what the media does ....

This post should be moved to 'The Edge' because this is a pretty polarizing subject .... and many of the members have some pretty strong views and likes to be heard .... :patriot: Personally, I'm glad it's back up for discussion - as long as it doesn't get personal

If your not a CEO that would make deals,sell out to only make this quarters numbers. Not caring for the long term of a company their parents or even grandparents sweated over to create, and sell off for the mighty dollar. Or if your a communist, don't care for others than it might get personal. If this doesn't wind you up your not AMERICAN! Sorry it's raining in Chicago I'm stuck inside :mad: I can't do my work. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

I believe that the campaign slogan is allowed only when the plane is being flown for campaign purposes paid for by the campaign. The flag is removed from the tail anytime the plane flys to a hostile environment. Mr. Obama proudly has the American flag in his lapel. He is as patriotic American as you or I. Please don't let polical differences taint your view of his love for country. There are many photoshops out there where it has been removed.

We (the American people) may own a majority share of GM stock, however, it all non-voting shares thanks to the bill Bush got passed to bail them out. Yes, it was the Bush administration that passed the bailout bill in Dec 2008 and not President Obama, although he gets all of the blame.

Unfortunately there are no laws that prohibit a person from selling their property to anyone else including a foreign national or company. And again there are no laws prohibiting what an owner does with their property once they own it unless they are conducting illegal activities. I am not sure we want these kinds of laws either. Is it really a good idea to have the government tell us what we can and cannot do? To me that sounds an awful lot like big government interference.

We all want change for the better, and it will not happen as long as the Congress and the Presidency remain totally polarized and unwilling to compromise on any position. Why does it take 60 votes in the Senate to get even the most non-controvercial bill passed? This is total insanity and does not serve any purpose other than the forment of political conflict. If we do not seek common middle ground does anyone think it would be any different if Mr Romney were elected in Nov. This is neither good for the Congress nor the country. Unfortunately things will not change until politicians wake up to the fact that everyone benefiting is better than me or my party benefiting for the next news cycle. I also believe that our current media frenzy plays into this polarization situation at the moment.

It's pretty obvious you're a democrat! I really don't think we should put a political spin on this, especially, in my opinion, your pounding your chest for Obama while stepping on Bush! Lie low, my friend!!!

There are positives??

Before everyone writes GM off I would certainly NOT be surprised if Ford & Dodge are doing simular things in China.

Investing in foreign countries is good business: opening a GM plant in China to produce cars for the Chineese market is smart as the controlling powers in China do not allow NEW cars to be imported into thier country. If the cars are produced there then they can be sold new there: this strengthens GM.

BUT stripping Canada & America of manufacturing jobs in the process to produce 'more often than not' inferior components to be used in N.A. built vehicles in not good nor producing cars there and slipping them into our markets.

Face it: remember the last time you purchased a new car. How many of you can say that PRICE was NOT a factor in your decision. Also how many of you own ONLY North American manufactured vehicles. We owned a Suburban a few years ago: a 1997 we ordered new and we were flabergasted to find out it was built in Mexico when it arrived. So much for supporting NA auto manufacturers. Likewise just about all the small cars in the GM, Ford and Chrysler line ups are not built here. It is hard to do: I could buy a Chevy Cobalt and it would likely not be produced in NA or I could buy a Toyota that is produced in an Ontario plant that is under 2 hours from me: which one is North American?

It would be interesting to know: I dont remember what the number was without going back and listening to that again but he stated that X number out of Y number of cars were being produce outside of the USA. Remember Canada is outside of the USA too and one very successful GM that is being ONLY produced in Oshawa (a hour and a half my home) and that is the Chevrolet Camaro. I know that the various GM plants in Canada produce a substantial amount of GM cars for the Canadian and US markets. I also know that Mexico produces many too for our markets. I wonder how we could find out of the total GM production, how many and what comes from where?

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: Wow: this has become a lively discussion! :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly:

Politics that's part of the problem. Democrat,republican it shouldn't matter one bit. Maybe that's why nothing ever gets done. I think people have lost what this country was built on and definitely arn't teaching the youth.

Graytoad it's 7 out of 10, and the GM plant had a communist hammer and sickle. It's like putting money ( investing) in what our grandparents faught and died to eliminate. Now we make shady deals with them? I bet GM doesn't own the land or make deciding factors on a lot of what happens in big business. Their told what their gonna do and who's gonna profit and they better like it. Just like what that government does to their OWN citizens. Real nice.

Graytoad it's 7 out of 10, and the GM plant had a communist hammer and sickle. It's like putting money ( investing) in what our grandparents faught and died to eliminate. Now we make shady deals with them? I bet GM doesn't own the land or make deciding factors on a lot of what happens in big business. Their told what their gonna do and who's gonna profit and they better like it. Just like what that government does to their OWN citizens. Real nice.

Yes I saw that (hammer & sickle) and it really hits home in who is controlling what in China. China is growing and changing but it will be a long time before their workers are treated well or there are enough inspectors (and not on the take) to make sure products coming from that country are safe for our use and consumption.

I've been looking to see what "70%" of GM's cars are made outside the US ... here is a list of plants I found - not one plant listed in China (not sure how old this list is though). Remember, GM is a GLOBAL company - they make cars for many markets - it makes sense that they have plants all over the world. I think this clip was the CEO addressing a Chinese audience, right? He needs to show China what GM is doing (China is one of the fastest growing markets right now - I understand why it has GM's interest).
All I can say is - when I buy a car, I'm looking to see where THAT car is made (don't think there are any TRUE american car companies anymore).

IMHO

List of General Motors factories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've been looking to see what "70%" of GM's cars are made outside the US ... here is a list of plants I found - not one plant listed in China (not sure how old this list is though). Remember, GM is a GLOBAL company - they make cars for many markets - it makes sense that they have plants all over the world. I think this clip was the CEO addressing a Chinese audience, right? He needs to show China what GM is doing (China is one of the fastest growing markets right now - I understand why it has GM's interest).
All I can say is - when I buy a car, I'm looking to see where THAT car is made (don't think there are any TRUE american car companies anymore).

IMHO

List of General Motors factories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At the bottom of the Wikipedia list it says it was last modified in April of this year, but that does not mean EVERYTHING necessarily, for all we know it could have been a spelling correction. ;) The Oshawa plant however lists the Camaro which is a fairly new model........

As others have shown just about ever manufacturer has plants all over the globe. I guess it would be dumb for them to not appeal in the global market. I guess the problem that I have is GM, Chrysler and I'm sure I'm leaving someone out took taxpayer money after they obviously couldnt run a profitable company and invested our money into a communist partnership. Not to say that Ford is in any right but I don't remember them taking one cent! After thinking of all the cars that are being produced in the eastern hem. Do they even care about emissions over there? That's ALOT of cars that weren't on the roads.

I can't resist

Well here is some news for all.
In 2004 our local GM plant started buying all pneumatic components from SMC corporation based in Japan, we lost about $350,000.00 a year customer that was buying at the lowest price of any of our customers.
Now the majority of our suppliers are importing products from Korea, China and Japan to stay competitive.
When I go to the automotive plants here, I see several of the folks sitting around on break when I get there to when I leave. They are making in the range of 100k per year with overtime. Our UPS driver will make over 120K this year with overtime (plus the bonus for running this route quickly), so maybe at this time the Unions have pushed the labor rate up so high, then add the benefits and retirement package and it's no wonder it's tough to compete on a global market.
Remember after WW2, the good old USA was the manufacturing capitol of the world (maybe because the rest was pretty torn up from the war). We did really good and then got fat and lazy with too many handouts to too many people who don't want to work as they make about $20 or more per hour on unemployment, food stamps and government housing.
Might be time to get real and knock of some of this foolishness and realise that if you spend more than you make (larger budget vs tax revenue income) your going to go broke.
All of our politicans (both parties) are power crazy and have yet to come clean and tell the truth.
WE ARE UP THE CREEK UNLESS SOMEBODY MAKES SOME TOUGH CHANGES NOW AND WE ARE ALL GOING TO HAVE TO PAY and none of those stinkers can come clean. Our current president is the worst, you can't keep giving it all away, sometimes you have to say no.
I sure hope our elected officials can get their head out of the sand before it's too late.
Lets vote them all out of office, they have done a horrible job. ALL OF THEM.:bash:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom