Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

If you ran the new GM...

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
...how would you rebuild it and run it? How would you structure the new GM's North American lineup?

We've heard a lot about how GM is currently re-inventing itself into a leaner, meaner automotive manufacturer, but given the four major brands that GM is going to work with; Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC, what would you do with each brand as part of the reinvention?

In formulating answers, keep in mind the following facts:

• In 2007, more Buicks were sold in China than they sold here in the US
  • Although GMC is nothing more than cosmetically adapted, rebadged Chevrolets, the brand has been largely profitable throughout the years and production volumes have remained relatively steady over the last few years
  • Other than trucks and niche vehilces like the Camaro and the Corvette, Chevrolet hasn't really been doing anything great for many years now

JMO Learn how to market the product. Actually listen to the consumer and what they want. Don't build a car that you think they should be driving build cars they want to drive. :dunno::willy_nilly:

Get rid of everything except Cadillac, Chevy, and GMC. Move all trucks to GMC. Go back to a green version of the full size , one mid size and one compact sedan. One mid size and one full size SUV(All divisions). Give Chevy the performance cars. (Corvette is unbeatable) Camero, Some type of Fire Bird and a Racing Division (for all GM products).

Cadillac gets an Eldorado Convertable. :blinzel:

All manufactureing moves to Texas!! :cool:

And no union!

Put everyone on a Paid Performance Plan.

Work hard, maintain high build quality and you make money.
Fail in either area and you make less money - much less.
Continue to fail = terminate.

I agree on the pay by performance aspect of the workers. Maybe then they would have more pride and actually work instead of finding ways to get paid more and do less. The same should hold true for pro sports teams....The only team that gets paid is the team that wins. Then we would have some excitement worth paying for.

Nope; I believe it's the best way to truly compensate those willing to produce at a higher level.

Even my position provides up to an additional 30% if I meet and/or exceed my annually established objectives. And believe me; I exceed my objectives = that 30% buys a lot of wine and cigars!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom