Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

I'm a proud new XLR owner!

o2bndair

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Ebony/Cashmere
Greetings. I took possession of my ebony/cashmere 2007 XLR on Saturday. I'm having a blast. What a head-turner! The first question asked is "what kind of car is THAT?"

When I inspected it the previous week I noticed that the left front wheel had what appeared to be epoxy splattered on it. The seller agreed to replace the wheel with a spare that he had (he has owned several XLRs). The SVC TIRE MONITOR message popped up on the way home. I'll take it to the local Cadillac dealer tomorrow to get the sensor registered. The seller said that he will foot the bill.

I have no service records for this vehicle so I plan to have the oil and filter changed. Is Mobil 1 the oil of choice?

Is there anything else I should have the dealer check?

I am certainly glad to find this site. I will find it invaluable during my XLR "journey".

Steve Wooten

Attachments

• XLR2.jpg
    XLR2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 264
YEEHAW!!

Congratulations! it's a fun feeling huh. Suggest you have the dealer run the VIN number and see what repairs have been done on the car. Check to see if all TSB's/recalls have been addressed.

Drive and enjoy. I just got mine about 3 weeks ago. Loving it so far.

Congratulations and welcome to the -net! It sounds like you have gotten a fabulous car. Everyone knows the black XLR's are the fastest. Enjoy your ride. How many miles on her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a proud new XLR owner

O2bndair
The 07 had most of the quirky little problems solved. I think you will really enjoy the car. I've not been dissatisfied with mine in the six years I've owned it. I always am excited to get it out of hibernation after the long winter nap!! Nerkpowers is absolutely right the Black ones are definitely the fastest.
Welcome and enjoy
V Happy:wave:

Welcome to the XLR ownership family and congrats on the purchase. :thumbsup

Welcome Steve to our XLR family here! You're on top of world when own one! This forum has the best information about the XLR , people and please try to attend some of the events and meet some awesome people here! Enjoy your awesome ride!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Congratulations and welcome to the -net! It sounds like you have gotten a fabulous car. Everyone knows the black XLR's are the fastest. Enjoy your ride. How many miles on her?

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

All downhill[emoji3]

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

My belated 'Welcome' to the Site! : )

They are indeed a blast to drive :). Dusted a Porsche with mine on I-25 a couple of weeks ago. Not a good idea though with your wife in the car. :( Ahhh, she'll get over it eventually.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom