Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

INTERIOR UPGRADE

Phil105

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR base
FINALLY got most of my interior redone the way I wanted it. Needs heat gun on them to get wrinkles out and still have to do arm rests/side panel insert but I got tired of waiting and am making a trip to FL this week and wanted to take this car. Will take it back to shop in a week or so to finish up.
To me it's a much needed upgrade for these cars. I've seen photos of several on here that did the same/similar thing and that's what inspired me. Waiting now on metal fab shop to get exhaust outlet mod done and I'll be happy
. New Interior Jan 2016.JPGNew Interior II  Jan 2016.JPGNew Interior III Jan 2016.JPG

Phil, can't tell by the photos, but wondering if you used perforated leather for your inserts; otherwise your heated/cooled seats will not work properly.

Phil, can't tell by the photos, but wondering if you used perforated leather for your inserts; otherwise your heated/cooled seats will not work properly.

Yes Cubby, it's perforated, though I've never used the heated/cooled seats. Worst part was recovering the waterfall section between the seats - the damn lid is glued onto the frame.

Looks really sharp. Nice job!

Thanks guys. Hope to have new exhaust tip in another couple weeks. Played hell trying to find a fab shop around here that could do it. About to get this car how I want it now.

Interior Mod.

FINALLY got most of my interior redone the way I wanted it. Needs heat gun on them to get wrinkles out and still have to do arm rests/side panel insert but I got tired of waiting and am making a trip to FL this week and wanted to take this car. Will take it back to shop in a week or so to finish up.
To me it's a much needed upgrade for these cars. I've seen photos of several on here that did the same/similar thing and that's what inspired me. Waiting now on metal fab shop to get exhaust outlet mod done and I'll be happy
.View attachment 6107View attachment 6108View attachment 6109

Very, very nice. Well designed and well done.

Very, very nice. Well designed and well done.

Thanks, I was particularly pleased with the center waterfall section with the add of the chevron shape. Got to decide on door panels whether to do the insert and armrests or just the armrests - don't want to get too carried away with the black. Your thoughts?

Interior Upgrade

Thanks, I was particularly pleased with the center waterfall section with the add of the chevron shape. Got to decide on door panels whether to do the insert and armrests or just the armrests - don't want to get too carried away with the black. Your thoughts?

I have never liked Beige/Buckskin/Cashmere interiors, although mine has one.
Yours will be unique and very pleasing to me.

I have never liked Beige/Buckskin/Cashmere interiors, although mine has one.
Yours will be unique and very pleasing to me.

I'm with you, but no matter the color, the interiors on these cars is just too "blah". All monotone with no pizazz! Seems to me $75,000 should have at least gotten some colored stitching!:dunno:

I'm with you, but no matter the color, the interiors on these cars is just too "blah". All monotone with no pizazz! Seems to me $75,000 should have at least gotten some colored stitching!:dunno:

I agree 100%. Your opinion was shared by many when the initial MSRP of the car was reviewed and it came up wanting at that price point.

Thankfully, Cadillac has made huge strides in the execution of their new interiors, which take on a whole new look at night when the ambient lighting is active. The purple stitching in my car is very subtle, yet everyone comments how cool it looks against the black leather interior.

In it's defense, the interior of the XLR is very simple, but functional --in keeping with the clean exterior lines.

CC :wave:

There are many reasons I bought an XLR over a less expensive used Corvette Convertible near the same 10 year age, one was the much better interior.

Ugh for that corvette interior..

Corvette Seating

There are many reasons I bought an XLR over a less expensive used Corvette Convertible near the same 10 year age, one was the much better interior.

Ugh for that corvette interior..

My ride prior to the XLR was a 1996 Corvette Collector Edition Convertible.
I much preferred the Vette seating because of the adjustable lateral (side) support.

Has anyone put a Recaro seats in an XLR?

To each his own...

Interior Upgrade.

.View attachment 6107View attachment 6108View attachment 6109

Looks better every time I look at it! I would do the 'sides' of the console along with the armrests.

Looks better every time I look at it! I would do the 'sides' of the console along with the armrests.

I considered doing the entire console, actually bought an extra console for that reason, but then felt it might be too much black. I'm trying not to overdo it, but still may consider as I can do the extra console and change out if I don't like. Thanks for the comments.:thumbsup

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom