Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Is there a way to relocate the gas pedal further away from me?

Treasureroom

Is there any way to relocate the gas pedal further away from me. </SPAN></SPAN>
Meaning I want to move it closer to the firewall (especially the top of the pedal).</SPAN></SPAN>
I am 6’1” with 34” legs and im a little cramped in the car with the seat all the way back. </SPAN></SPAN>

I know there will be tall people who are thinking they are 6’ X” and fit just fine. But I like to drive with my leg straight, not bent at the knee. </SPAN></SPAN>

It would be great if there was a kit, but I have a feeling it will require some custom modifications. </SPAN></SPAN>
Has anyone tried?</SPAN></SPAN>

No help here, but I too feel the car should have at least another 1" of legroom / seat travel.
Good luck.
Bruce

No help here, but I too feel the car should have at least another 1" of legroom / seat travel.
Good luck.
Bruce

I totally agree. I have looked under there and theres plenty of room. They should have adjustable pedels.

Is there any way to relocate the gas pedal further away from me.
Meaning I want to move it closer to the firewall (especially the top of the pedal).
I am 6’1” with 34” legs and im a little cramped in the car with the seat all the way back.

I know there will be tall people who are thinking they are 6’ X” and fit just fine. But I like to drive with my leg straight, not bent at the knee.

It would be great if there was a kit, but I have a feeling it will require some custom modifications.
Has anyone tried?

I did some research on this when I still owned my XLR-V. All I found was a local machine shop that was willing to create a mounting plate that would have moved the pedal almost 7 inches. Had I not sold the car I would have spent the $200. I'm 6'6" with 37" legs. Still a great car even with my knees in my ears.

It appears I can cut a section out of metal rod that connects the pedal to the firewall in order to move the pedal closer to the firewall. I will take some pictures and put together a drawing this weekend.
However I notice that there is a plastic stop behind the pedal. Moving the pedal closer to it might mean the top speed is limited by that plastic stop.</SPAN>

Anybody know the price of a new one incase i screw up my pedal connection rod???

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom