Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! KEY FOB ISSUE SEARCH

JW7

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Raven Black XLR.... 2001 DTS...2009 AUDI A4 CABRIOLET
Hi all...Have been going thru the threads for Key Fob issues and decided to do a search to perhaps narrow down the time ..when go to search or advanced search in upper right portion of forum and put in keyword..FOB..KEY FOB.. It comes up as nothing matches....
Am I doing the search incorrectly.....I know there are lots of threads out there about this...
That being said...issue came up today.......got out after a short trip today and when got back in to start..said NO KEY FOB DETECTED...I took out my fob while in car and locked car and then opened it with the buttons... start button went green on me and started right up...
Battery is new..FOBS are original ..2007
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Any other electronics near the fob? I found out when the fob is in my pocket with my cell phone, the fob is not recognized. Moved it to the opposite pocket, works like a champ

KEY FOB SEARCH ISSUE

That's a good question about other electronics...May have been near my cell phone.....I wonder....Thanks

key fob issue

I"m also having the same issue! parked car all winter started it up about a month ago no problem shut it down dosnt see any fobs checked both voltage remotes checked good.One fob was around 2.99 volts and the other is about 2.67v still wont see fobs leave one in eat and the other is on the outside body buy the door can open door but wont start! display says no fobs detected!!!

I"m also having the same issue! parked car all winter started it up about a month ago no problem shut it down dosnt see any fobs checked both voltage remotes checked good.One fob was around 2.99 volts and the other is about 2.67v still wont see fobs leave one in eat and the other is on the outside body buy the door can open door but wont start! display says no fobs detected!!!

Be aware that testing a battery with a volt meter is a so-so business. Testing with a battery tester is much better because it puts a load on the battery. A failing battery can show a reasonable voltage when not under load, but as soon as even a slight load is applied, that voltage can drop right down. Those little batteries are so cheap, by the time you have taken one out to test it, you might as well fit a new one.

If you aren't keeping your car's battery connected to a Battery Tender or similar pulse charger, and only starting it once during the winter months, your car battery is suspect.

CCC :wave:

fob problem

I was charging my car battery with the battery tender, picked up new bats for my fobs installed them and valla!! they both work like a dream. great help from you guys:thumbsup runs great again!!1

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom