Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Keys

Johnnynomad

My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR V Silver
I bought my car, and the owner doesn't know where the original actual Key is? Can I go to the Cadillac dealership and order a Key, to fit my Car? I know I can get a Blank, I was just wondering if the Caddy dealer can order me a Key from the Vin Number? Thanks

Moving thread from New Member Introductions forum to XLR Tech forum...

Johnny,,, Yes, go to a GM dealership with your VIN # and they should be able to cut you a key that will access the rear bumper area "slot" to access the car if you ever have a battery failure. I had a duplicate key cut for an additional backup key at Home Depot for $2.50,,, which I thought was very reasonable.
Good luck

p z

key

Johnny,,, Yes, go to a GM dealership with your VIN # and they should be able to cut you a key that will access the rear bumper area "slot" to access the car if you ever have a battery failure. I had a duplicate key cut for an additional backup key at Home Depot for $2.50,,, which I thought was very reasonable.
Good luck

p z
Thanks

If you have the owner's manual, check in the pockets of it. I found a key that fits in a wallet or billfold when we bought our XLR

If you have the owner's manual, check in the pockets of it. I found a key that fits in a wallet or billfold when we bought our XLR

You might want to carry a spare fob battery in the trunk too. That way if a fob battery goes out, once you are back in to your XLR, you have a spare handy and can get the fob working again.

Thanks for all the Help, I got a new Key at the dealership, cost me $57, and then I bought a New Fob on Amazon $36. I used the info on the site to program the new fob easy breezy, now I feel a little more at ease. Thanks Again

Thanks for all the Help, I got a new Key at the dealership, cost me $57, and then I bought a New Fob on Amazon $36. I used the info on the site to program the new fob easy breezy, now I feel a little more at ease. Thanks Again

To add a lighter note.

I once took my XLR on a long journey as you do. Day came when the fob failed to open the trunk. No problem I'll get the key and... Aha, that wasn't my brightest ever move. I had locked the bag with the key in it in the trunk. I was a very long way from access to a spare key, it was late at night and I wanted my stuff so I could check in to the hotel. After many button presses, the trunk opened and I have never locked the key in the trunk again.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom