Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Latest Satnav technology

xlrlist01

Seasoned Member
Hello all

Well, sooner or later the OEM Satnav will show its age and in my X, it is taking 2-3 mins before it can read the nav DVD, then it mostly works fine but sometimes takes a long time with directions.

So, I am considering options to replace the entire unit. What are the best options out there today, March 2021? My priority first is to be a good satnav (yes I know I can use a smartphone, but I'm after a good, standalone Satnav, I prefer them). Then integration into my X's electronics, keeping the HUD, steering controls etc. Able to play stored music yes (could be CD but won't be today) and radio, well I hardly ever use it. It will come with BT, so music from other sources will be looked after, fitting a wireless rear camera would be a nice option, though not essential. I don't use Apple. I want it to look good too, ie fit in the space of the OEM unit.

I'm open to all suggestions

TIA.

Although the post is almost 5 years old, the principle is the same.

Thanks Rexster. As that started five years ago, I was wondering if the latest technologies had moved on over the last five years and what unit others would recommend for today.

Thanks Rexster. As that started five years ago, I was wondering if the latest technologies had moved on over the last five years and what unit others would recommend for today.
The installation would still be pretty much the same. It should work with just about any aftermarket unit you would want. What would be pretty cool if the Maestro unit was compatible with the XLR and the aftermarket units. I've never seen one installed and I never had the courage to experiment with it

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom