Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

LED bulbs and rear view mirror map lights.......

XFireXLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Gold Mist Met. XLR
Question for those of you that have switched out the incandescent bulbs for LED bulbs, have you noticed that the lights remain on after timing out? I noticed yesterday that after I close my door and the map lights should go out.......they remain on very faintly. Has anyone noticed or experienced this?

I read turning the bulb around fixes that sometimes. There's another thread somewhere that explains it.

I read turning the bulb around fixes that sometimes. There's another thread somewhere that explains it.

Turning the bulb around will definitely fix it, you won't have any light at all!

It now seems that when I start the car the map lights will time completely out. If i shut the car off the lights will seem like they are timing out but will remain very dimly lit. I would think that when the battery saver option kicks in it should shut the lights out completely. :dunno:
:cool:

Whose brand of LED lights are you using. I have all mine changed out and have never had a problem. I bought mine from superbrightleds.com

Question for those of you that have switched out the incandescent bulbs for LED bulbs, have you noticed that the lights remain on after timing out? I noticed yesterday that after I close my door and the map lights should go out.......they remain on very faintly. Has anyone noticed or experienced this?

I purchased all of my bulbs from GTAutoHaus via ebay, all bulbs are made by Samsung and are COB LED bulbs.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Cubby what type of LED's are you using, CREE, CANBUS.........

Bought all all mine from here: https://www.superbrightleds.com

dont know if they are Canbus, Cree or .......what, just know they work with no problems. They also have several different color ratings for most bulbs.

Cubby what type of LED's are you using, CREE, CANBUS.........

Thanks for replying Cubby, I have purchased bulbs from them and VLEDs both are priced on the high side. Most of thier bulbs are manufactured by Samsung or Phillips from my research. There are a few reputable vendors on ebay that sell both at more reasonable prices. Question do you use OnStar, I think that the bulbs may remain on faintly due to OnStar always being on.......just a thought. Just ordered some CREE and CANBUS bulbs, hopefully they will make a difference.

LED bulbs for home use are notorious for this, I did not realize it was also an issue in some automotive applications

Sandy,
I'd like to know whose lamps you have bought that do this. I've sold thousands of them and have never had a problem. I want to make sure I don't buy the lamps you speak of.

LED bulbs for home use are notorious for this, "......"..........."..........

LED's typically require .7vdc to pass current and illuminate. My map/reading lights (LEDs) have an almost imperceptible glow that is only noticeable when the garage is new moon-dark. I drive the car year-round, (yes, in New England!) except on snowy days, so I don't have battery drain issues. This is another good reason to connect to a Battery Tender when stored for more than three weeks.

CC :wave:

CC........this is the same issue I am experiencing. If I know that I will not drive the car for 2-3 days, its hooked up to a battery tender.

LED bulbs for home use are notorious for this, I did not realize it was also an issue in some automotive applications

Steve says it we only have trouble with the outdoor ones that are on timers. Not sure the brand, they are in Ontario and I am in Florida.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom