Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Left hand turn

Jaxrwild

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Light Platinum
When making a left hand turn sounds like a grinding noise, put it up on the lift didn't see anything visible, any suggestions???? More like tire rubbing on plastic

for a little small rubber they can make a lot of noise when turning. I second the check on the spring adjuster . Other than a look at the plastic shields to make sure they are not rubbing which would be obvious shiny spots on them I would look at the spring adjusters.

for a little small rubber they can make a lot of noise when turning. I second the check on the spring adjuster . Other than a look at the plastic shields to make sure they are not rubbing which would be obvious shiny spots on them I would look at the spring adjusters.
that do they look like

Just so happens I rebuilt the rear suspension on my car on Sunday. Lower A arms, rear spring, wheel bearings, half axles. Here is pic of the spring adjuster that I knew was broken, thus the reason for this project.

Broken one vs new one:

360490de51a82aa4815dfbd15c6a27f4.jpg

Here is what’s left of the one that wasn’t even making any noise:

13128af0222a2fd02b908cc14e6000be.jpg

Pretty sure this is directly related to the pothole ridden PA roads.

By the way, original like ones are on back order from corvette central till mid sept.

Last edited:
that was just a photo to show you what to look for. The same part fits an 06 but they are for lowering the car. The above photos are stock ones if you can wait to get them from backorder

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom