Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Low beam light out

JCroegaert

Seasoned Member
Do Cadillac dealers still carry replacement bulb for XLR headlight? Mine just went out, on driver’s side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulbs are the easy thing to find. the dealer will want three times what you can get one at a regular auto parts store.

I got new bulbs from Amazon. Be sure to buy genuine Philips bulbs. There are a lot of cheap fakes out there. I think mine were around $40 each.

John B.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

I Have the best success with wagner .both phillips and wagner are used in Oem. applications. I have china bulbs in mine with 6000 lums a little brighter but not blue white just bright white.. 15$ each been In there 2 years so far.

When I had my one replaced my dealer had them. I was going to just go to autozone. But after they told me you have to go in through the wheel well. I just said ok you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you mean but you could wind up like Rexster and not have your car for 6 months due to the dealer working on it. HAHA. Its really an easy repair. If any body wants something like this done. GO TO THE BODY SHOP> They doe this type repair 10 times more than service. their labor rate is usually 1/3 of what they charge in service and many times little things like this if you buy the bulb they will install it for you to show good faith looking forward to a time you might need their collision services. That would be a dealer body shop or any large chain like Abra, Service King. Gerber or just a good old home town collision center.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom