Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Magnaflow exhust

mongo

My XLR/V(s)
2007 black raven
Hi, Just wanted to post a real live experiance with the magnaflow exhust. I had a local drop install it and the job was great , but boy what a mistake it was . Yes it added power to the car and wot was fantastic but the drone at 1500 to 2000 was just too much for me to take . At 16 it would be great but not now. We even tried a couple of resonators to help and they did but it stll had a drone. Took the whole system off and went back to stock with the exception of the tips as the did look cool. Kept the resonators with the stock mufflers andit did change the sound gave it a little of a rumble so all in all not to bad. So what else can I do to make a little mor HP in this car other than going to the v?
PS any one have any luck not using RF tires ase they do seem to give a hard ride and not a good sence of the road.

Corsa Exhaust is the answer for no drone. Magnaflow is less money, but as you say unbearable drone in car when driving. I switched from run flats to non RFs on our corvette. Big difference. I will do the same on the XLR when the time comes. The RFs are really bad when the temp drops. I carry a small compressor and patch kit. With the TPS systems, you know when pressure drops.

Dave

Corsa Exhaust is the answer for no drone. Magnaflow is less money, but as you say unbearable drone in car when driving. I switched from run flats to non RFs on our corvette. Big difference. I will do the same on the XLR when the time comes. The RFs are really bad when the temp drops. I carry a small compressor and patch kit. With the TPS systems, you know when pressure drops.

Dave

I totally agree with Dave on both counts... At cruising highway speeds, I get no drone from the Corsa exhaust. Yes, a bit pricey, but so much more enjoyable to drive. When you jump on it, though, you hear it. Quick story - on our Fall Drive, George (Corndog) was behind me on SR250 - where we were driving very "spiritedly" - George told me later that he knew when to take off because he could hear my exhaust roar. VERY COOL! :rocker:

I switched off of the RF as well (I've always been a Goodyear fan) - I'm running Goodyear Eagle GT's - nicer ride (a tad more road noise), but better wet traction and better treadwear. JMO.

Good luck.

Ah....I lose both so much. Magnaflow is great, but yes, it is noisy. I love the sound, so I'll stick with it. The Corsa is fantastic too, but it is going on my import tuner to give it a really nice, clean sound. :) Exhaust is very preferential, so it will change from one person to another. I mean, gosh....some people even like those civic ricers with tin cans on the back...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom