Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

make sure you check your trunk drain!!!

My 2007 (Nov 2006 build) has just a hole. Adding my 2cents - wires and connectors were hanging down in the box. I added a cable tie to raise the wires up and taped the cable tie to the metal of the trunk. Please see the picture. The hole is at the top right, slightly under a 1/4" in diameter.

Added note: the right side also has a drainage hole. The liner does not. Added picture showing lined storage compartment. Hole is in top left position at base of plastic compartment. (not shown since liner is in the way)

I don't think that is the right hole. take a picture under the car in the same location.

Thanks James.

Just checked my 2004 with 23000. Ell was bone dry and the components in same looked like I bought it yesterday. But, I did fins a plastic round thingy in the tube when I checked it from underneath. worked it out thru bottom todind it was the bottom of a broken fasten insert. Drain is wide open now and appears to have a flap formed at the botton to keep dirt and water out from the road. I have driven mine in heavy rains occsionally and it works just fine. Good thing I found the thing in the drain, however. Never drive min in winter in MN unless there is now new snow and roads are free of ice and snow.

My '09 does not have a tube, just a hole.

While you are there pull the carpet back a little further and see the initial of someone (builder? inspector? ) and the build date written in silver marker.

Just got my 2006 XLR on Friday but thought I should check it after reading this post. The XLR has never sat outside and it wont now, but better safe than sorry. All the wiring and stuff looked tucked away very well, dry and the drain clear. Underneath the car has the nipple thing without any bugs stuck in there :)

Thanks for those good explanations and photos.

Welcome pcm2a, I see you are new to the group! Curious as what your name represents?!?! :dunno:

This is a great site, since your are a now an new XLR owner as I was last year...... when you have a chance, try to go thru the archives as much as possible (which you have done some obviously) as there is a wealth of knowledge here about our unique cars, things to watch our for like this drain thing. Mine too was as dry as a bone but it would not take much to plug that drainhole: a snipped wire by a tech or a dead bug plus a leaky seal some where is a beginning of trouble!

Hope to see you at an event some time soon too! :wave: I have some friends in Hendersonville near you (not XLR people....RV people!)

Hey Fred, did you swap your car for an '09? :pat:
;)
;)
;)
;)
;) How are those beautiful dogs of yours? I would love to meet them some day but I am sure they won't fit in the XLR very well!

Welcome pcm2a, I see you are new to the group! Curious as what your name represents?!?! :dunno:

This is a great site, since your are a now an new XLR owner as I was last year...... when you have a chance, try to go thru the archives as much as possible (which you have done some obviously) as there is a wealth of knowledge here about our unique cars, things to watch our for like this drain thing. Mine too was as dry as a bone but it would not take much to plug that drainhole: a snipped wire by a tech or a dead bug plus a leaky seal some where is a beginning of trouble!

Hope to see you at an event some time soon too! :wave: I have some friends in Hendersonville near you (not XLR people....RV people!)

Hey Fred, did you swap your car for an '09? :pat:
;)
;)
;)
;)
;) How are those beautiful dogs of yours? I would love to meet them some day but I am sure they won't fit in the XLR very well!

No I didn't trade, just got things working correctly on my '08, just a typo. That would solve my Bluetooth wants though.

All the dogs are doing fine. I broke down and finally fenced in the entire yard and put an automated gate in. This makes things much easier and lets me bring in more foster dogs. Between mine, fosters and dog sitting I have as many as 7! I am currently looking for seat covers so that I can give rides to at least one a ride. What a photo op!

381751_337951206217066_100000065674390_1484664_862989780_n.jpg

Looking forward to meeting up again next year. Think Spring!

No I didn't trade, just got things working correctly on my '08, just a typo. That would solve my Bluetooth wants though.

All the dogs are doing fine. I broke down and finally fenced in the entire yard and put an automated gate in. This makes things much easier and lets me bring in more foster dogs. Between mine, fosters and dog sitting I have as many as 7! I am currently looking for seat covers so that I can give rides to at least one a ride. What a photo op!

381751_337951206217066_100000065674390_1484664_862989780_n.jpg

Looking forward to meeting up again next year. Think Spring!

They are all so beautiful but that big one in the front has my attention! I also see you have a water baby in the group too! :D

If you are talking about a seat cover so you can put one of these brutes in you XLR I think I may call 911 as you are one crazy guy Fred! :willy_nilly:

I love my dog but the only way Max would ever be in my XLR would be an emergency run to a Vet clinic and even then I would go to great lengths to NOT be driving the XLR!

As an aside. My compartment has a drain hole in the bottom, but there is no hose. Anyone else have this configuration, or must I try and locate or jury rig one?

Thanks,
Rusty xlr-v

As an aside. My compartment has a drain hole in the bottom, but there is no hose. Anyone else have this configuration, or must I try and locate or jury rig one?

Thanks,
Rusty xlr-v
My '06 shows no sign of ever having had the little "duckbill" hose. FWIW

Tim

My '06 shows no sign of ever having had the little "duckbill" hose. FWIW

Tim

The "hose" I suspect, is to keep water from splashing up into the compartment. My compartment is, and has been dry, and I have been through rain with the car. I suspect it is not a serious omission.

Ok.maybe this is a stupid question. The drivers side compartment with the modules inside... has a plastic cover... my cover will not lay down flat. The clearish white hydraulic reservoir sticks up too far.So the cover balanced on top. Not way high.but definitely not laying flush.everyones cover like this? Dry as a bone by the way.And no drain hose. 2007

Ok.maybe this is a stupid question. The drivers side compartment with the modules inside... has a plastic cover... my cover will not lay down flat. The clearish white hydraulic reservoir sticks up too far.So the cover balanced on top. Not way high.but definitely not laying flush.everyones cover like this? Dry as a bone by the way.And no drain hose. 2007

The cover on my '07 lays flat and also has no hose, just a 1/4" hole in the bottom of the compartment. I suspect GM did away with the hose, maybe in '06?" after they determined that the hose kept getting blocked.

Hi, my cover lays flat BUT it touches the top of the pump(plastic cover). I think this is just the way they mounted the pump,a little diff. in each car? there are no stupid quest. :wave: Al

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom