Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Matte black XLR on 22s

micropimp

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Matte Black XLamboR
Just got new wheels (Fk LX55) for the XLR. The 1st picture is the most recent pic. I have NO rubbing problems. The ride is actually kinda nice. Rides a little bit better than a stock C6 (use to own one). Compliments and comments are greatly appreciated, and I understand everyone has different taste.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 926
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 803
I think it looks good for what you are trying to achieve, but personally I just don't get the flat black on a car like this. Maybe on a hummer or a wrangler, but an XLR? Of course JMHO.

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it looks good for what you are trying to achieve, but personally I just don't get the flat black on a car like this. Maybe on a hummer or a wrangler, but an XLR? Of course JMHO.

I whole heartily agree with you Steven, also, why does he post pictures of his car as though it's on a wall instead of on the ground.
To each his own, also, IMO.

Thank you all for the input! Just wondering if I should color match the spokes only? And about the pictures.. I'm not sure they get posted like that... Must me the iPad...:dunno: I apologize though..

Oh and the wheels are 22x8.5 all around.. And I believe they are +38 offset with a 245/30 tire

I whole heartily agree with you Steven, also, why does he post pictures of his car as though it's on a wall instead of on the ground.
To each his own, also, IMO.

Yep I got a stiff neck looking at them until I realized I could turn my monitor :)

I would like to see the matte finish in person before making a judgement. I do find it interesting. I like the style of the wheels but could never handle the practical issues with such a low sidewall.

I like it, I have a matte red Harley and it is super easy to keep looking great: but if you are a wax lover it cuts that activity down :chuckle

Hard time seeing the detail of the rims in the pics but it looks like the spokes have a recessed centre: I think it would look cool if you just did the inset in Matte Black, leave the contrast of the shine of the rims. At the very least I would leave the rim portion and just do the spokes. Another possibility is leave the inset portion and rim polished and the surface of the spoke black.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom