Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Membership Levels?

R

rbweddle

I am a "junior member" (yea, at 71 LOL) What are the requirements for the higher levels of membership??:blinzel:

Thanks,

Bruce

Be a more 'active' poster. The more post you make the higher your membership rises.

A decoder ring speeds things up. :D But I've been looking for two years and every one I've found doesn't pass the RA test. :willy_nilly:

Thanks I can do that. Getting out my Corvette Museum Founder Member window stickers and putting them on both sides of rear windows of XLR. I waved for many years at Vettes and still do. Not too many XLR's to wave at
:wave:

Thanks I can do that. Getting out my Corvette Museum Founder Member window stickers and putting them on both sides of rear windows of XLR. I waved for many years at Vettes and still do. Not too many XLR's to wave at
:wave:

Do the Vette owners wave back? :dunno:

Unfortunately, no. The new gereration of Vette owners don't know about "the wave". They don't wave at each other, much less at a XLR. :wave:

I am a "junior member" (yea, at 71 LOL) What are the requirements for the higher levels of membership??:blinzel:

Thanks,

Bruce

Oh LOOK: You are MEMBER now!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

The new gereration of Vette owners don't know about "the wave". They don't wave at each other, much less at a XLR. :wave:

Never heard of this before....guess it's because I have never been a Corvette owner nor really aspired to be one. However, I really appreciate the inside scoop. So, should an XLR owner be "waving" a vette or even a fellow XLR owner or is such a jester out of line and bad form?

Steve

Never heard of this before....guess it's because I have never been a Corvette owner nor really aspired to be one. However, I really appreciate the inside scoop. So, should an XLR owner be "waving" a vette or even a fellow XLR owner or is such a jester out of line and bad form?

Steve

I pretty much wave at all nice convertibles. If they don't wave back, it's their problem, not mine...

If you must ask about waiving to a fellow xlr owner than probably not. It's something I don't think just do. It to me acknowledges the other and the good times you both are having.:rocker:

:wave:This is primarily rooted in "The Old Car Wave". Classic car owners always wave at each other :wave: - as do bikers: at least here in Ontario, Canada but I see it in all of our travels too.

Since the Corvette is an 'icon' - having un-interrupted production since 1953, even new Vette owners wave at old Vette owners. Likewise Camaro owners wave to each other too. At least this is the way things are done among the "Car People": those who have always had old and/or special cars in their lives.

As for the 'Johny-come-lately' crowd: people in their mid life crisis :willy_nilly: who suddenly purchase a cool/classic sort of vehicle, they have to learn this attitude.

Basically, by waving, :wave: you are acknowledging that you are both driving something special to you: it is not just a car, it is your way to 'get-away' and feel free! :spin:

:wave: :wave: :wave: Wave on :wave: :wave: :wave: brothers & sisters :wave: :wave: :wave: ....and SMILE too :):):):)...it feels good, and eventually they will smile back and wave too!

:wave:This is primarily rooted in "The Old Car Wave". Classic car owners always wave at each other :wave: - as do bikers: at least here in Ontario, Canada but I see it in all of our travels too.

Since the Corvette is an 'icon' - having un-interrupted production since 1953, even new Vette owners wave at old Vette owners. Likewise Camaro owners wave to each other too. At least this is the way things are done among the "Car People": those who have always had old and/or special cars in their lives.

As for the 'Johny-come-lately' crowd: people in their mid life crisis :willy_nilly: who suddenly purchase a cool/classic sort of vehicle, they have to learn this attitude.

Basically, by waving, :wave: you are acknowledging that you are both driving something special to you: it is not just a car, it is your way to 'get-away' and feel free! :spin:

:wave: :wave: :wave: Wave on :wave: :wave: :wave: brothers & sisters :wave: :wave: :wave: ....and SMILE too :):):):)...it feels good, and eventually they will smile back and wave too!
Not here, GT .... a Corvette driver will not even look at you if you drive up to the same stop light .... they wear blinders. But a whole different story when we were driving the '64 Mustang ... we would get the :rocker: everywhere we went.

Road Civility

Not here, GT .... a Corvette driver will not even look at you if you drive up to the same stop light .... they wear blinders. But a whole different story when we were driving the '64 Mustang ... we would get the :rocker: everywhere we went.

I have a '64 Corvette, in addition to the XLR. Corvette owners almost always wave, when I'm in the '64. In the Pueblo area, where we live, there are a number of street rods. There is an annual rally of street rods here, and folks bring their rods from all over the country. We always :wave:at the street rods. If I'm in my '64, they'll wave back; not (as a rule) if I'm in my XLR. Maybe they're acknowledging the "classic" license plate on the '64. Bike riders almost always wave, if I'm in either car.

I think waving is a good thing, and believe that it reduces road rage.

Tim

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back