Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mesh grill question

C

Comfortzone

I am wanting to order the upper and small lower mesh replacement grills for my XLR. If I put them on, will it affect my adaptive cruise control?

I am wanting to order the upper and small lower mesh replacement grills for my XLR. If I put them on, will it affect my adaptive cruise control?

Yes, if you put the lower grille on the ACC will not work. The ACC "looks" through the left side of the lower grille and is not able to "see" through the closed mesh.

Yes, if you put the lower grille on the ACC will not work. The ACC "looks" through the left side of the lower grille and is not able to "see" through the closed mesh.

Does that include the small mesh lower replacement grill?

The smaller lower (center mount) mesh grille will not effect the adaptive speed control.
:cool:

The lower mesh grille will interfere with the Adaptive portion of the cruise control. The cruise will still work, but like a normal cruise control, in that the cruise it won't slow you up when a car in front of you is going slower.
The upper grille has no bearings on the workings of the ACC. Several base XLR owners have just replaced the upper grille with the mesh and left the lower grille as it is.

If I understand you correctly and you are talking about only the center portion on the lower grille; it will not affect your ACC. The radar unit, as 'mtrocket' stated is behind the driver side lens, which operates the ACC. You shouldn't have a problem, as 'XFireXLR' states.

I guess I misunderstood the question... I didn't realize there was just a center mesh available.:dunno::dunno:

I guess I misunderstood the question... I didn't realize there was just a center mesh available.:dunno::dunno:

I am with you on this one Rod, I was told before I had the upper mesh grill installed you could not use the ACC if you installed the lower mesh grill, hence the reason you could not get ACC on the V models.

If the radar sensor is affected in any way (bug splat, slush, mud, reflective mesh) the ACC is disabled and does not default to a "regular" cruise control. It either works, or it doesn't. The V is fitted with a "regular" cruise control.

CC :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back