Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

MM Caravan to Colorado

Photo Girl

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Not Yet. Official Photographer and Activities Director of the MMs
Just wondering where everyone wants to stop the first night. I was thinking maybe:
Junction City, KS @ 10 hrs - 638 miles
Salina, KS @ 11 hrs - 753 miles
Any suggestions?
(*These are times/mileage from central Indiana).

Kathy

You must read minds....I was thinking about this the other day. I looked at going to Hays, Ks the first day...lots of hotels, restaurants etc. Check it out and we can decide in a few weeks whats best.

Spring can't come soon enough....we are ready for another trip!!!!

You must read minds....I was thinking about this the other day. I looked at going to Hays, Ks the first day...lots of hotels, restaurants etc. Check it out and we can decide in a few weeks whats best.

Spring can't come soon enough....we are ready for another trip!!!!

Heading East I usually stop in Russell to have a bite to eat with Bob & Liz. Heading West, Hays is a good place to stop as there are plenty of places to stay and good places to eat. If you can hurry up Spring in Illinois will you do your little voodo dance and make it come early to Colorado also, PLEASE. We are having strong winds today which is helping to warm us up. Wish I was in Florida.

You guys must be taking the "Southern" route. How about coming thru NE? Stop here in Lincoln (?). I could see if I could get some group rates for some motels, and maybe we could have a dinner and/or breakfasts set up. Western KS,,, is booorrrring driving. Going thru western NE is a "little" better. CS from Lincoln is about an 8 hr drive. If you still go thru KS, I suggest that you stop in Salina and stay the nite. It's a bigger town. Hays, is a smaller town with fewer places to eat and stay. My daughter went to Fort Hays State U in Hayes for 1 semester, she didn't like it, too small of a town for her tastes.

Chad

Thanks for the info, Chad. Interstate 70 runs out of Indpls & all the way to Denver. With interstate 80, we would have to drive north (a couple of hours) to go west. We'll look at all of our options, though

Kathy

I agree, do as much driving the first day as we can. The drive to SA went fast, I'm sure this one will too.

The Midwest group leaves for Colorado 10 weeks from tomorrow! We will work with Cubby on this trip when we return from Sebring. Let us know if you would like to join us.

Kathy

We'll have to think about the route - from western WI, we've always just done 80, but I spose we could drop down and meet you in Kansas City or catch up to you in Hays or wherever you stop for the nite. Heading south from Des Moines only adds about 50 miles to the total trip.
Or, we could have a "northern caravan" too... anyone else coming from our direction, Chad?
~C

Yea,,, We'll be taking the I80 route. We could jump down and hit I 70 (?) It isn't that much of a stretch of the drive. Is the MM group going to stay overnite in Salina?

Chad

We'll probably talk about our caravan on the Spring Drive in a couple weeks. We'd like to get as far as possiblr the first day, so there is less windshield time the next day. It will either be Salina of Hays. With Diamond Del joining 'The Club' last year on the way to SA and you and I already members; don't know if the midwest group will want all three of us amongst them.:lol::lol::lol:

Yea,,, We'll be taking the I80 route. We could jump down and hit I 70 (?) It isn't that much of a stretch of the drive. Is the MM group going to stay overnite in Salina?

Chad

With Diamond Del joining 'The Club' last year on the way to SA and you and I already members; don't know if the midwest group will want all three of us amongst them.:lol::lol::lol:

Don't think (or want to!) I'll be renewing my dues to the "Club" this year!!! Dang insurance Co's keep those "dues" on record to long!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eight weeks from now, we'll be in Colorado Springs! :rocker:

Seven weeks from today, the Midwest Caravan leaves for Colorado! :party

Six weeks from now, the Midwest Marauders will be on their way to Colorado Springs! :party

Five weeks from now, we'll be on our way to Colorado!

meeting in Kansas

Cubby,
Let me know where you guys will be staying in Kansas. I'll try to meet up with you there and join the caravan for the final leg into Colorado Springs. I'll be driving alone as Lynda will have to fly into Colorado Springs from a business meeting up north.

Jack

We will probably have that figured out this weekend...a bunch of us are meeting up for a weekend drive in So. Indiana. I will keep you posted on what we decide.

Cubby,
Let me know where you guys will be staying in Kansas. I'll try to meet up with you there and join the caravan for the final leg into Colorado Springs. I'll be driving alone as Lynda will have to fly into Colorado Springs from a business meeting up north.

Jack

Three weeks from today we will be on our way to Colorado Springs!!!:party

Stop over in Hays, KS

The MM's will be stopping over in Hays, KS on our trip to Colorado Springs. We have decided on the Days Inn as listed below. The rates are $85-90 per night. They did show availablity and the reservation can be cancelled if need be before 4pm the day of our stay (May22, 2010). Make your reservations online or call.

Days Inn Hays
3205 Vine Street
Hays, KS 67601
(785) 628-8261‎
daysinn.com

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC