Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!
  • The Cadillac XLR Net is now on instagram! Follow Us!

Motor groan (Not Engine)

harrower

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 infred red xlr-v
I have been hearing a low speed motor groan under the passenger dash. At slow speeds or at a stop I hear a groan sound. Could this be the heater fan? It is not the seats heater. I can hear that one separately when it is on. Any ideas would be appreciated.

standby-V

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Lt. Platinum & 2006 Lt. Platinum XLR-V
When you hit those people in the crosswalk you have to get out and scrap them off the inner liner behind the wheel, they tend to grown a lot..............sorry, I couldn't resist.:lol:
Actually your probably right on with the heater fan, but only one way to find out...............the dealer.
I have been hearing a low speed motor groan under the passenger dash. At slow speeds or at a stop I hear a groan sound. Could this be the heater fan? It is not the seats heater. I can hear that one separately when it is on. Any ideas would be appreciated.

XLR-V Lover

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Black XLR-V
On a bit of a different tune, when I remain sitting in the car waiting for the shopper of the family to return I hear a slight kinda whirring sound, it stops for a few seconds then will start again. Finally, the light was just right one day so that I could see a reflection of the heads up mechanism on the windshield. It shows movement, I know not why. This keeps up for quite awhile, don't know how long as I just noticed where the sound was coming from. I'll have to watch it closer in the future. :dunno::dunno:

Floyd (BB)

harrower

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 infred red xlr-v
On a bit of a different tune, when I remain sitting in the car waiting for the shopper of the family to return I hear a slight kinda whirring sound, it stops for a few seconds then will start again. Finally, the light was just right one day so that I could see a reflection of the heads up mechanism on the windshield. It shows movement, I know not why. This keeps up for quite awhile, don't know how long as I just noticed where the sound was coming from. I'll have to watch it closer in the future. :dunno::dunno:

Floyd (BB)

Sounds like the same thing I hear. "Whirrling Sound" Happens when going slow or just idling. I don't hear it at driving speeds. As suggested, I'll have the dealer check it out while GM is still paying.

standby-V

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Lt. Platinum & 2006 Lt. Platinum XLR-V
Floyd,
I think your hearing the whirring of MA's credit card in the store going through the charge machine. Turn the radio on and I guarantee you won't hear the noise.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Floyd (BB)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win a Cadillac CTS-V!

Cadillac CTS-V Dream Giveaway

Supporting Vendors

East Coast Used XLR Parts

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Top Bottom