Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Motor groan (Not Engine)

harrower

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 infred red xlr-v
I have been hearing a low speed motor groan under the passenger dash. At slow speeds or at a stop I hear a groan sound. Could this be the heater fan? It is not the seats heater. I can hear that one separately when it is on. Any ideas would be appreciated.

When you hit those people in the crosswalk you have to get out and scrap them off the inner liner behind the wheel, they tend to grown a lot..............sorry, I couldn't resist.:lol:
Actually your probably right on with the heater fan, but only one way to find out...............the dealer.
I have been hearing a low speed motor groan under the passenger dash. At slow speeds or at a stop I hear a groan sound. Could this be the heater fan? It is not the seats heater. I can hear that one separately when it is on. Any ideas would be appreciated.

On a bit of a different tune, when I remain sitting in the car waiting for the shopper of the family to return I hear a slight kinda whirring sound, it stops for a few seconds then will start again. Finally, the light was just right one day so that I could see a reflection of the heads up mechanism on the windshield. It shows movement, I know not why. This keeps up for quite awhile, don't know how long as I just noticed where the sound was coming from. I'll have to watch it closer in the future. :dunno::dunno:

Floyd (BB)

On a bit of a different tune, when I remain sitting in the car waiting for the shopper of the family to return I hear a slight kinda whirring sound, it stops for a few seconds then will start again. Finally, the light was just right one day so that I could see a reflection of the heads up mechanism on the windshield. It shows movement, I know not why. This keeps up for quite awhile, don't know how long as I just noticed where the sound was coming from. I'll have to watch it closer in the future. :dunno::dunno:

Floyd (BB)

Sounds like the same thing I hear. "Whirrling Sound" Happens when going slow or just idling. I don't hear it at driving speeds. As suggested, I'll have the dealer check it out while GM is still paying.

Floyd,
I think your hearing the whirring of MA's credit card in the store going through the charge machine. Turn the radio on and I guarantee you won't hear the noise.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Floyd (BB)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back