Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! My top doesn't work either

odtekman

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black XLR
The spare water tank in the trunk where the control modules are kept has been found, drained and the modules replaced. dealership has been unable to get anything to work. My guess is that the computer is in the middle of the process (long story) and if I can get the top DOWN the system will magically heal itself. There are many posts telling how to manually put the top UP but I don't find specific details and manually putting it down. I followed the UP instructions (backwards) and get to the point of actually pushing the top down but it seems to still be latched SOLID. I've used the "special tool" to release the front but I'm not finding a release to unlock the pack latches (if any).
I sure could use some ideas.:dunno:

If you are trying to put the top down manually, you will also need to open the relief valve on the top pump. If you have replaced everything in that area, did you re-index the windows before trying to put the top down. That is the first step to getting the top to work.

The spare water tank in the trunk where the control modules are kept has been found, drained and the modules replaced. dealership has been unable to get anything to work. My guess is that the computer is in the middle of the process (long story) and if I can get the top DOWN the system will magically heal itself. There are many posts telling how to manually put the top UP but I don't find specific details and manually putting it down. I followed the UP instructions (backwards) and get to the point of actually pushing the top down but it seems to still be latched SOLID. I've used the "special tool" to release the front but I'm not finding a release to unlock the pack latches (if any).
I sure could use some ideas.:dunno:

There is no magic to the top. It's all just computers, pumps, cylinders and programing. If it doesn't move, you have serious problems, if this dealer can't get beyond that, you need to find a new dealer.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom