Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Need a little help diagnosing a intermitent door switch.

Doug Doty

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
06 black/ black XLR-V
I have read some but still am in need of a little help. My driver door is internitent on letting me out with the push button interior switch about 50% of the time now, and getting worse, time to deal with it. It is also a little intermitent on the outside switch but to a lesser or maybe different degree. The outside switch has never failed on a normal walk up from a distance on a closed up and locked door but sometimes when it is in the garage or driveway for a short period and the fob in laying in the drink holder it is prone to forcing me to reach in through the window and pull the lever. I have caught it not working and the passanger would work so it is a little fussy for sure and consistantly less cooporative when I just walk up and reach behind to press the button compared to the passanger side.

#1: I have read that the outside switch can due to some dual contacts ?? cause the interior switch not to work but how do I know if this is my deal or if I need an interior switch or both???

#2: Can I just replace the switches or is there some reprograming involved. ??
#3: Are our door switches common with the corvettes ??

Thanks, just about to run out of issues and just in time for summer.

1. I'm not sure about the exterior switch acting up causing the interior switch to not work. The switches are relatively inexpensive so it wouldn't hurt to just change both.

2. There is no reprogramming required when replacing the switches.

3. I believe our switches are different than those in the Corvette.

That sounds like good advice, I'll order both tomorrow.

Doug,

You may also want to just change out the battery in your FOB too - just in case it is a sign of your FOB battery getting low. Its a cheap fix. :cool:

Doug,

You may also want to just change out the battery in your FOB too - just in case it is a sign of your FOB battery getting low. Its a cheap fix. :cool:

Ya, I am overdue on wanting to get that done and am driving the car today so I'll stop on the way home and get one, cr2032 ??? I kinda hate to pop it open to check at the store incase all does not go well.

I'll stop on the way home and get one, cr2032 ??? I kinda hate to pop it open to check at the store incase all does not go well.

Page 2-8 of your owners manual confirms - yes, CR2032.

Good luck. :wave:

The back of the fob confirms it as well. I always keep a spare battery in the center console.

CC :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back