Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Need Some Help

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
I've been working on the XLR Registry here and need some help.

I need to see clear images of window stickers for 2007 - 2009 XLRs and XLR-Vs.

I also need to see the window sticker for a 2004 Neiman Marcus edition XLR.

Regarding the 2004 Neiman Marcus edition, the color we have listed here on the site is "Magnetic Amethyst", however, I've seen a few listings showing them as "Ultra Violet". What is the correct name shown on the window sticker?

I've scoured EBAY and used car listings, but have come up empty.

Can anyone help?

I have a window sticker for an '08 XLR-V. How high of resolution do you want and where do you want it sent?

• Admin
I have a window sticker for an '08 XLR-V. How high of resolution do you want and where do you want it sent?
I sent you a PM with my email address.

Thank you!

• Admin
So out of all the members of this forum, I've gotten one response? :dunno:

Let me make my questions more specific:

1. How much was the 2004 Neiman Marcus MSRP?
2. What options and costs were added on to the base 2004 price with the Neiman Marcus option?
3. What years was the Weather Veil Package available other than 2008 and 2009 and how much was the option (taking into consideration price changes in the middle of production)?
4. Was the Weather Veil package available for both base XLR and XLR-V? If so - price differences?
5. Additional costs for colors over the years? Example: What was the additional cost added on to the window sticker for Crimson Pearl / Crystal Red Metallic?

Anyone????

I can't help you at all... don't have my window sticker, etc. I don't believe the info is even in the XLR book I have, but will check this evening and post back. However, I found this about the Nieman Marcus edition on www.seriouswheels.com:

The limited edition 2004 Neiman Marcus Cadillac XLR sold out in just 14 minutes, and now 101 driveways - and drivers - across the country anticipate their arrival. These limited-production luxury roadsters are the first models to roll off a dedicated production line at General Motors' Bowling Green, Ky. assembly facility.

Steve Foley Cadillac, located in Northbrook, IL, today received eight Neiman Marcus Limited Edition XLRs. This is the largest number the limited-edition vehicles sent to a single dealer. Foley Cadillac has flown customers in from as for away as California and Florida for this special, invitation-only presentation of the vehicles.

The limited edition XLR retails for $85,000 and was only available for purchase through the 2003 Neiman Marcus Christmas catalog. When Neiman Marcus opened bidding for this featured item on October 15, 2002 the XLR sold out in 14 minutes, setting a record for any fantasy gift vehicle Neiman Marcus ever showcased in its annual Christmas Book.

Originally unveiled at Pebble Beach in August 2002, the limited edition XLR features an exclusive Ultra Violet exterior hue, two-tone shale and ebony interior, and an engraved, numbered sill plate.

Cadillac produced a total of 101 Neiman Marcus Limited Edition Cadillac XLRs; two were auctioned or raffled off last fall to benefit charities, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and the Women's Committee for Hospice Care and 99 were sold through the Neiman Marcus catalog.

2004 model year Cadillac XLRs are now in production on a dedicated assembly line at GM's Bowling Green facility. Shipments to Cadillac dealers began earlier this month.

According to Jay Spenchian, Cadillac marketing director, introduction of the XLR marks an important step in Cadillac's product renaissance. "The fact that this limited edition vehicle sold out in just 14 minutes demonstrates the anticipation for the XLR. This is our flagship vehicle and it highlights the dynamic product changes taking place at Cadillac."

Replete with a bold design, advanced technology and a blend of luxury and performance, the Cadillac XLR, is the freshest face in the class of elite luxury roasters. The MSRP for the Cadillac XLR is $76,200 (including destination charges) and features standard equipment such as power retractable hardtop, Keyless Access with push button start, StabiliTrak, Magnetic Ride Control, adaptive cruise control and much more.

Hope this helps...
<!-- FM Skyscraper Zone --><!-- FM Skyscraper Zone -->​
adlog.php

<IFRAME id=dclkAdsFrameID_24265 height=600 marginHeight=0 src="about:blank" frameBorder=0 width=160 allowTransparency name=dclkAdsFrameName_24265 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no></IFRAME><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

I can say that there was no additional charge for crystal red on a 2008 XLR-V.

What is a weather veil?

This is the info I have:

2004 Neiman Marcus Edition XLRs (RPO LME). All werepainted Ultra Violet (95U) with Shale interiors (18I) & numbered sillplate. Cost: $85,000

The Neiman Marcus XLRs were sold through the Neiman Marcus 2002 Christmas catalog. There were 101 NM XLRsbuilt with 99 units sold to the public and 2 went to charities. The 99 sold outin 14 minutes. They were delivered to dealers in September 2003. They were all built at the same time, but they werenot the first units built in 2003

The weather veil package: I am fairly sure I have more info at home in my files about the cost, I want to say it was $4,000.00 (but it may have been $3,000.00) and I am questioning if that was US or Canadian pricing. I am also trying to remember if my car had its window sticker when I bought it. Again this will be at home in my files....in Ontario Canada and I am in Florida until the end of April :dunno:

The weather veil package was ordered on my car. It consisted of the mesh factory wind restrictor in a storage pouch, a Cadillac branded car cover for storage and the sexy split-7-spoke wheels which I beleive were only available if you bought the package (see my avatar). Unfortunatly I purchased my car via the internet from a Missouri dealer and when it arrived it did not have the storage cover included.

Rob,

Going by memory on alot of my information, Cadillac Tech can probably supply the most information. Looks like #1 & #2 have been answered. The only option I'm aware of in '04 was the XM Satellite radio, which I'm not sure was in the Nieman-Marcus Edition.

#5 I've had two of the different reds, Crimson Pearl & Infrared and there wasn't any price adder on either sticker, so I assume all were priced the same, I could be wrong. It is possible they charged extra for the special edition models, i.e. Star Black, Passion Red, Alpine White.

I think the Weather Veil package was '08 & '09. I also believe it was part of the Platinum Edition and was included ans shown on the window sticker.

Again I am going by memory, so this all may not be 100%. Hope it helps.

So out of all the members of this forum, I've gotten one response? :dunno:

Let me make my questions more specific:

1. How much was the 2004 Neiman Marcus MSRP?
2. What options and costs were added on to the base 2004 price with the Neiman Marcus option?
3. What years was the Weather Veil Package available other than 2008 and 2009 and how much was the option (taking into consideration price changes in the middle of production)?
4. Was the Weather Veil package available for both base XLR and XLR-V? If so - price differences?
5. Additional costs for colors over the years? Example: What was the additional cost added on to the window sticker for Crimson Pearl / Crystal Red Metallic?

Anyone????

Rob,

I think the Weather Veil package was '08 & '09. I also believe it was part of the Platinum Edition and was included ans shown on the window sticker.

Again I am going by memory, so this all may not be 100%. Hope it helps.

Weather veil was not part of the Platinum package in 09, it was an option but does not show on the sales brochure shown on this site. I discovered all this when researching about the differences in the cars to decide which year and model I wanted. This is when I discovered the chrome split spoke wheels that were only available in the Weather Veil package which were my preferred wheels. I was fortunate to find just what I was looking for but unfortunately my 'used' car did not include the cover when it arrived from Missouri which was part of the WV package.

window sticker 2009

i can help with a copy of my 2009 Platnium edition.
where do you want me to send it?

by the way i just purchased a 2008 cadillac STS premium V8 AWD. another awesome vehicle on the luxury side.

i wonder if any of our other member own one and have had any experience with one.

by the way i just purchased a 2008 cadillac STS premium V8 AWD. another awesome vehicle on the luxury side.

i wonder if any of our other member own one and have had any experience with one.

I have an '08 STS 3.6 DI V6, not AWD but has everything else except lane departure warning. I've put 72k HARD miles on it & it's been great. Super comfortable, the V6 does everything I want (I realize you have the V8), good gas mileage. Only repairs (fingers crossed) have been replace a coil pack (apparently a common problem) & fuel induction service. The fuel service made it run like new! Probably not an issue for an engine that isn't DI. The only down side is it is loaded with bad rattles, has been that way since I got it new & my '04 CTS never had any of that. A little disappointing on that part. .

Enjoy your ride!

And now back to our regularly scheduled questions of this thread . . .

Rob, there was no extra charge for the 2005 Crimson Pearl/Shale. Only extra charge on mine was $325 for Sirius/XM radio. Hope this helps. Bruce

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom