Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
New Cadillac CTS Vsport bigger, but less powerful than its V-tagged predecessor

By Jeff Melnychuk
Wheelbase Media

attachment.php

I know I’m supposed to like this car. I liked the old CTS a lot, so it just makes sense to like the new one.

But with the new ATS also in the family as the entry model, the CTS has grown a bit in size and price. Those are two things about the new car that I really don’t like.

Garry doesn’t seem to care about that as he steps out from the cockpit. He coaxes me to the front of the car for the light show of the century. He’s like a kitten chasing a laser pointer.

“Look at all that going on.”

Pretty cool.

Growing a little larger gives the impression that the car is somehow fatter and lazier than before. That’s subjective, but what has me rather intrigued is the Vsport name. There’s no getting around comparing it to the previous CTS-V. The V in the name is a promise of big and impressive things.

Or is it?

Full Story: New Cadillac CTS Vsport bigger, but less powerful than its V-tagged predecessor | Metro

Attachments

• caddy.jpg
    caddy.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 482
New Cadillac CTS Vsport bigger, but less powerful than its V-tagged predecessor

By Jeff Melnychuk
Wheelbase Media

attachment.php

I know I’m supposed to like this car. I liked the old CTS a lot, so it just makes sense to like the new one.

But with the new ATS also in the family as the entry model, the CTS has grown a bit in size and price. Those are two things about the new car that I really don’t like.

Garry doesn’t seem to care about that as he steps out from the cockpit. He coaxes me to the front of the car for the light show of the century. He’s like a kitten chasing a laser pointer.

“Look at all that going on.”

Pretty cool.

Growing a little larger gives the impression that the car is somehow fatter and lazier than before. That’s subjective, but what has me rather intrigued is the Vsport name. There’s no getting around comparing it to the previous CTS-V. The V in the name is a promise of big and impressive things.

Or is it?

Full Story: New Cadillac CTS Vsport bigger, but less powerful than its V-tagged predecessor | Metro

I agree!! AL

I think Cadillac made a mistake calling this option a V-Sport. Reading the story I think people are getting confused; the V-Sport is not the replacement for the CTS-V. The CTS-V will be redesigned and be back as a 2016 model. Trying to compare the two, is like comparing apples to oranges; they are both round and both fruits, but that is where the similarity ends--same with the CTS-V and CTS-VSport!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom