Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New member saying hello.

jimkroeker

My XLR/V(s)
2007 base light platinum/cashmere
Hello all. I'm Jim and the bank is the new owner of an '07 XLR. l will get to drive it as long as l continue to pay the vig. lt is light platinum with cashmere interior and has 65k miles. lt has a few minor issues, but overall is in pretty good shape. The last Cadillac l owned was a LaSalle. Sure wish l still had that one. Someone out there knows the car.
The current issue is a leaky gasket between the tank and the core on the radiator. When the car is being driven, no leak. When it is stopped and cooled down, it drips. So now l'm in the process of changing the radiator, and the water pump, and the belts, and the hoses, and probably the thermostat, and whatever else l can see that would be a pain to change later. lt's ridiculous when a belt costs more than a water pump. BTW, can someone tell me if it is OK to put jack stands under the transverse spring where it mounts to the frame? ls it powder coated? My car is currently sitting on two little scissors jacks and l would really prefer jack stands. lf you need hockey pucks for when you lift your car, go to an ice rink where they have hockey games and ask for old pucks. They just gave me 6.
l've only seen 2 or 3 XLR's here in sw Florida. lt's beautiful here for driving with the top down…..between 6:00 and 8:00 P.M. In the morning it's too damp. During the day it's too hot and my head gets sunburned--l have no hair. So…between 6 and 8, it's top down until the mosquitoes come out. Then it's top up til the next day.
Oh, if anyone wants to come help put the new radiator in, just call. l'll be here.
Hope to get to meet some of you guys soon. Everyone l've seen post seems to be pretty OK.

Welcome to the forum! Sorry for your radiator trouble, but it sounds like you have the right idea to go ahead & fix everything else in sight at the same time.

By the way, on the not having any hair thing, there are frequently some cool XLR hats for sale on here - try getting one & that will help keep the top down more!

Hey Jim Welcome to the best XLR Forum and greatest bunch people you would ever want hang out with at the XLR gatherings and Car Shows! Best of luck with your repairs and if you got questions just get on here usually someone will be able to help out!
Enjoy your ride and hope to meet at XLR gathering some day! Cruz On

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Welcome Jim great site here along with the people. Just wanted to say you DO NOT wanna jack up, put jack stands on the traverse springs. They are a composite material that I would say is like fiberglass. If you knick,cut,gouge the material you gonna compromise the integrity of the spring. If you look on the site there are talks of where to jack the safely. For u and your car. I would recommend getting the service books if you already haven't they are very good. They also show safe lift points for your car. Good luck.

Welcome to the forum from the other end of the state! Great folks and good information for owners. Enjoy!! :wave:

Thanks

l would like to thank all of you for welcoming me to the forum. l am currently in the process of replacing a radiator that has a leaky gasket.
lt's turned into somewhat of a project. Parts not available, wrong parts, people not having a clue. l decided to change out everything l could see that might be starting to wear. Hoses coming from Georgia. Serpentine belt coming from Miami or Tampa. A week to get the wrong radiator. Need two gaskets/seals with which to reassemble the condenser…parts house has one.. Oh well, it should go together in a couple of hours after all the parts are rounded up. l have some questions and some info l have learned in doing this project that may be of interest to some, but l do not know where to post it on the forum. Where do l go for help with this?
Anyway, thanks again.
Jim

Last edited:
l would like to thank all of you for welcoming me to the forum. l am currently in the process of replacing a radiator that has a leaky gasket.
lt's turned into somewhat of a project. Parts not available, wrong parts, people not having a clue. l decided to change out everything l could see that might be starting to wear. Hoses coming from Georgia. Serpentine belt coming from Miami or Tampa. A week to get the wrong radiator. Need two gaskets/seals with which to reassemble the condenser…parts house has one.. Oh well, it should go together in a couple of hours after all the parts are rounded up. l have some questions and some info l have learned in doing this project that may be of interest to some, but l do not know where to post it on the forum. Where do l go for help with this?
Anyway, thanks again.
Jim

Welcome to this fantastic forum!!! Post your questions and info you have learned in the "Technical Discussion". Just start a new thread same as you did this one... can't wait to hear what you've learned during your repairs. It's quite the process... I know, I replaced all that during my build on my '07 back in '08. I purchased it as a total. If you have time, check out my "Red Jewel" in the "Member Garage".

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!!!!! :cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry