Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Dr Dan

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black XLR
Hi Folks,

I just got a 2004 black on black XLR with 46k miles delivered yesterday at 6 pm. It is as close to perfect (so far) as possible. I joined the forum to learn as much as I can about modifications and kick everyone's brains for what works and doesn't work on these cars. I was on the forum for about two weeks every day before I decided to get this car. I thought that the XLR's are extremely undervalued and probably will shoot up in price over the next couple years (hopefully). I think it has enormous potential.

I plan to black everything out (chrome, grill, wheels and badges), I would also like to blackout or wrap all of the wood in the interior (please don't hate me) , update all the lighting to LED, update the entertainment and navigation system, add a set of 20 inch staggered wheels, I may go 19 in front and 20 in the back with 8.5 fronts and 9.5-10 in the back. and I want to figure out a way to add a spoiler in front and rear. Also tune it, Magnaflow exhaust and add a rear sway bar. I know it may seem like a pretty long list but you gotta have goals. I AM OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTIONS OR IDEA'S. I do not want to repeat anyone mistakes and I don't need to learn the "hard way". I would also like to save time and MONEY so feel free to send me suggestions.

I will try to document my changes with pictures and will post them as I take them. I will be doing most of the work myself so I realize it will take time and I am not in a rush

About me personally; I live in Studio City California and work as a Chiropractor in Beverly Hills. I am Very happily married with 2 great kids, an 18 year old boy who is a freshman at Chapman University in the business program and a 16-year-old girl who is a junior in high school. So obviously I can take suggestions and criticisms without getting mad.

I look forward to reading your comments and suggestions.

Dr Dan

Welcome Dr. Dan!

There are a couple of SFV locals that are in this club with us. I live up in Granada Hills but I'm in the North Hollywood /Studio City all the time. I have an '06 Series also Black/Black.

I don't know about investment potential, but I have never enjoyed driving a car more than my XLR.

Here's to many years of enjoyment you. Perhaps our paths will cross one day.

Stay Cool [emoji267][emoji41][emoji267]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome to the XLR Net Dr. Dan!

Be sure to check out the XLR Registry!

Welcome!

Welcome to forum!
Plently of knowledgeable brains to pick here if have issues, great people and keep your eye on the events page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Aboard

Welcome to The XLR Net! Great cars and good folks here. After bouncing around the country in past years, I emigrated to Colorado from Westlake Village CA. For too long I was part of the subculture on the #5 and #405 going in and out of Civic Center 2X's per day. Again, welcome Doc.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom