Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

05reddyxlr

While on vacation in North Carolina I made the mistake of driving a friend's 06 XLR and was quickly "reeled in". Returned home to Florida the next day and started looking for one of my own. I found it in Fort Myers Fl and bought it. It had 30,000 miles on it and is "Arrest-Me-Red" (Crimson Pearl) and we love it. Before buying it I viewed this XLR site and was able to find out a lot of useful information about the good and the bad. The bad was the cost of replacement parts and the availability. The good was everything else. I think my 82 year old self will be able to enjoy it hopefully for at least 10 years if not more. My family on both sides are centenarians (my mom lived to 109) so maybe I will be lucky. If not, a great car to pass down. We live in Lake City, Florida. Hello to all, Doug & Kathy Smith

Welcome new Florida xlr owner. Glad you were able to find your own xlr. I too live in Florida. I’m over in St. Augustine/wgv area. I too own a cop stopping red one. Crimson /infrared or whatever you call them red colors. Here’s my 06 I’ve had her since 2012 she only had 20758 miles when I got her. Now she still has low mileage at only 70 k on the clock.
When not in use she’s kept in the garage on a custom floor. If I know I’m not going to drive her for awhile then she’s on life support (aka battery tender) I also just recently purchased a jump box. Because the last show I attended I left the hood up to show a person and the battery drained. I asked around if anyone had a jump box and the dwindling number of cars there was one that had one. But I do have onstar/caddie roadside. But it’s embarrassing to wait around for them. ESP when they just bring a jump box that you could’ve purchased yourself (myself). So now I just have to jeep the thing charged Encase I need a jump.
6c77b90fe80dfc96c1720118e5ba4401.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Hawkeye, thanks for the kind reply. I've had my eye out for an "XLR" for a long time but didn't think they were affordable until I checked. Ours has Collectors Insurance on it which limits its driving but that is OK with us. It will live on a car lift in my RV Barn with a cover on it. We just got it Wednesday and with getting insurance, license plates etc my wife has not ridden or driven so that will be corrected in about an hour AFTER I check the weather for rain.

We, like you, cannot believe an XLR is sitting in my RV Barn. Oh, what a nice custom floor under your baby ! !

reddy,,,, Excellent color choice, and you found one with low mileage :thumbsup

ENJOY the ride!

:wave:

Welcome Katy & Doug to the forum and the world of XLR! Shouting out Hello from South Central PA, Love our Light Platinum Silver that as fast as Silver Bullet! We named her Roxy and she’s almost at 103k. Good Luck and enjoy some top down Cruz’in!
Wendy & Dan

Thank you for the warm welcome, I have seen some of your posts but am impressed that you have a 'wonderful wife' as I do too and have had for almost 40 Years ! We are still buddies, friends and love of each others life and NEVER go to bed angry about anything ! Oh, did I forget to say we have 3 beer fridges and LOVE our new to us XLR.

Thank you for the warm welcome, I have seen some of your posts but am impressed that you have a 'wonderful wife' as I do too and have had for almost 40 Years ! We are still buddies, friends and love of each others life and NEVER go to bed angry about anything ! Oh, did I forget to say we have 3 beer fridges and LOVE our new to us XLR.

Just had our 40th Anniversary February 23rd & this July 2nd coming up it will be 43 years that we meet!

Just had our 40th Anniversary February 23rd & this July 2nd coming up it will be 43 years that we meet!

Congratulations [emoji898][emoji324][emoji322][emoji323]

Welcome aboard!

"Infrared" color is my 2nd favorite one to The "Gold Mist". Go figure? :wave:
Welcome to the site!

Hey Dan, Hi Hawkeye!

How the heck are you? : ) Also, Hi to Hawkeye! : )

Sometime ago you asked about my garage addition project. Actually 2020 has been a heck of a year. Good and bad. Got a lot done, including the new addition turning our 2 car into a four car garage. Served as my own GC/Project Manager. Turned out great! The ceiling is vaulted in the addition on the addition side. So after some detail touch up, may install a double 4 post platform car lift. Then this new addition would house four cars. Two on top, and two underneath. So with the original side, would house 6 cars total. Just tried to upload one photo of the finished project, but the site says file is too big? So later I guess? Will try to figure it out?

Happy New Year!

All is well here in Pa. Glad to see the garage project finally got somewhere! But here with COVID-19 issues Wendy has been working from home and I open an online Car Care Product sales website in February. It’s a pretty good line of products, even waterless car wash and a no hose needed just a bucket and gallon water and 1 cap full of the product to wash your vehicles in the garage, along with some polymer wax and ceramic spray, and all products can be applied in the sun and are great for our planet too! And all products ship free with 2 microfiber towels! When you have a few minutes checkout my website here www.DetailUrRide.com I don’t remember if I mentioned we bought a home with a 30 x 40 garage and 1/2 acre of property in SC along Lake Marion for retirement once Wendy retires in around 3 years, we are selling here and moving there, looking forward to the warmer winters! HAPPY NEW YEAR’S 🍻

Attachments

• 978336B8-0D4F-4FF8-9462-B01B3F51F4F9.jpeg
    978336B8-0D4F-4FF8-9462-B01B3F51F4F9.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 151
Congratulations and welcome fellow XLRian. I bought and joined Dec 31. This is probably the best forum I've been a apart of. No side eye comments or comments that make you feel like an idiot. Rob, Longtall Sally and mickeytee are a wealth of information on the intricacies of this car. You'll hear about parasitic draw on the battery, water damage to suspension and roof top modules, draw backs of jumping the battery or using a jumper box. Don't be afraid to ask a question for I have asked several since Dec about repairs, replacement and hair brained ideas. All where met an answer. The one thing I noticed about all the owners is that theirs a story behind their purchase. I think that's the difference between a collector and the the one time, buy the car of my dreams driver. There's a lot of information in the forum. I find myself going down a rabbit hole reading some of it. Once again, welcome.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom